Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright after all the searching and looking websites, who is the best engine biulder hands down for d series engines that yall have used before, im talking sleeving blueprinting all that. i work almost 7 days a week and i just dont have the time to completley biuld my own engine, so i want to find a excellent shop to biuld my bottom end for me, thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
There are plenty of good engine builders. I personally dont think there is a "Best" out of all of them. What you have to look for is an engine builder who is familiar with the D-series. I've heard people sending their stuff to places where the builder has never even heard of notching a D block with certain rods. That shows how much experience they have with D-series engines.

I'm sure others will chime in on who they have experience with and the results. Good luck with your build.

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
I think its pretty noble of you to respond to the OP's post and not "plug" for your own shop. To me, that says a lot. I was going to recommend Exospeed before, now you get a gold star too!!! :) PM'd by the way (again).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks for the gold star. :)

Well, my first reason for being in this forum is because im a D-series enthusiast myself and I've been in the same position as most of you being a consumer in this industry. I feel my comments should be general advice before pluging our own business. If they dont go to us, at least the advice given will say what to look for when they look at other shops. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks exospeed, i was actually looking at your website today and liked what i saw, i actually have a question if you dont mind, ive been wondering the difference between darton mid sleeve and the other dart sleeves, i ask cuz i noticed you use the MID sleeves?

·
Registered
537 Posts

This is an iron ductile sleeve, no flange, but will still hold alot of power.

The DARTON MID(Modular Integrated Deck) shown below is of same material but with a different design on the flange and body.

Its really preference in a lower HP engine( you can use either the open deck or the MID), but when going for big power, I always suggest the Darton MID.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i dont even have to answer

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i see, what about the block guard, is that just added insureance, ive thought about one of those also but i heard it slows down the coolant flow?

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts

This is an iron ductile sleeve, no flange, but will still hold alot of power.

The DARTON MID(Modular Integrated Deck) shown below is of same material but with a different design on the flange and body.

Its really preference in a lower HP engine( you can use either the open deck or the MID), but when going for big power, I always suggest the Darton MID.
mmm, those motors gave me a chubby

·
Well?
10,814 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i gotcha, well to be honest im leaning towards your shop (exospeed) the prices are good and i like the craftmanship, and obviously you know what your doing, do your price include shipping?

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Done Flores Enterprises. Username DonF on H-T. Built engines at Cosworth so he might know a thing or two :wink:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
There are plenty of good engine builders. I personally dont think there is a "Best" out of all of them. What you have to look for is an engine builder who is familiar with the D-series. I've heard people sending their stuff to places where the builder has never even heard of notching a D block with certain rods. That shows how much experience they have with D-series engines.

I'm sure others will chime in on who they have experience with and the results. Good luck with your build.
Wil, you running for election? LOL!

Humble Pie FTW!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts