Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another post in engine building dont know if I should have started it here or not but I have been getting conflicting info here and on other sites. At first I just wanted flow numbers on the heads so I thought it should go in the engine building forum but maybe its more suited to this forum. Which is better y7 or A6 head flowing and boost.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28163

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
THere both good IMO I would think A6 is a little better free flowing.

O

·
0 Posts
if you have a older block then run the A6, if you have a 96+ then run the Y7. the bolck and certain stud positions don't work out well when swapping 95 and earielr heads to a 96+block and vise versa. We had to manufacture special steel adapter to allow the arp stud to tighten down on the head when torqueing. if I had used a Z6 block it would have been no sweat. Also 92-95 Z6 block have tons of extras for them as the Y series does not. for example the Moroso oil pan will NOT fit the Y blocks but will fit the 92095 blocks and even i think the A6.

·
Registered
256 Posts
what about the D15B VTEC block/cylinder head? I am thinking about supercharging my beast of an engine. I dont wanna do turbo because of the automatic tranny... plus supercahargers are rare here in Japan anyways... Its my understanding that the rods are bigger in the D15 then in the A6 or even the Z6? Have I been mislead or is this just wishful thinking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts