Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Z6 seems to get a lot of boost lovin'. It just depends on how deep your pockets are, you could boost a b8/b7 or whatever but if your gonna build it up it gets expensive as compared to a z6 or y8.

·
D-series WTF?!?!
3,674 Posts
HMM this is a set of pancakes A choice of either the D15B or the D16Z6 boostafull with a Y8 intake and a Z6 head gasket a must have with any SNAIL aka Turbo is the infamous HF manifold and the rest is up too u enjoy!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'd prefer the DOHC block to head interface over the SOHCs for the area of mating surface is a tad bit greater.

Not to say that SOHCs blown head gaskets all the time, just a bit more room for comfort when tuning.

DOHC ZC's also have slightly heavier/thicker rods. Some say the metallurgy was improved in the later sohc rods providing the same amount required strength for less weight.

I haven't measured cylinder thickness myself, but that's next for me.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
skyss the limit?

I personally of the impression that JDM blocks are made better then american ones. So JDM and 1.6 if you ask me, SOHC ZC?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anything buy a Y5, Y7, Y8.

I'm probably gonna see how a DOHC ZC takes 12 PSI, and 9000 RPM, with a crespo st 5 cam, and valvetrain, and decent sized turbo. Gonna be good stuff.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They look opposite of what I believed

Egg on my face:mad:

At the junkyard i just guesstimated a rod from a USDM D16A1 was thicker than OBD-1 P28 blocks, maybe the sun got to me er sumthin...
That or the weed:TU:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts