Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, im in the process of fully building a D16a6 bottom end, and i expect to make anywhere from 225-260whp on a conservative reliable daily driver, so probably around 200-225ft/lbs tq. Now, i am working on a budget but i am gonna need a decent clutch. What would you guys recommend for a clutch with this power, that would be good for daily driving, reasonably priced, but wont slip thanks

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
i don't think that there is any such beast. you are going to have to look into puck clutches which typically do not have a sprung hub which make them not very daily driver friendly. some people describe the exedy cerametallic as an on-off switch.

of course it also really depends on what you will be doing with the car.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just the basic daily driving with the occasional street race and drag strip days, i did find a 6 puck clutch with a sprung hub for 250, would that be a reasonable clutch?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clutchmasters Stage3 will hodl up to 400 wheel power w/o issues and offer awesome street drivability, w/o the chatter like others.

also i recommend a CM alloy flywheel. it will help improve engine responce and acceleration times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts