Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Civic 6th gen hatch
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best Clutch for my D15z6 turbo?
I think the max power is 180-190 pk.
It's a daily drive and always drive on the streets.
I like the ACT strage 2 kit or is a 6 Puck kit better for turbo?

The pressurebearing and topbearing (sorry i'm from The Netherlands) Is it a must to take this OEM? Or the bearings are good from ACT? I heard bad story's about ACT bearings is this true?

The CC clutch kits are these good? What kind of stage I need if I want these.

Sander.

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you havent read scott's f1 stage 3 review I suggest you to look into it if you're on low budget.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've use Exedy stg1 and it held just fine for under 200whp.

This if you're on a budget.

Held for 4 years with 210whp...just started slipping when boost hits

·
Registered
Civic 6th gen hatch
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have done research.
I like the competition clutch.

What is better for my setup Stage 2 of 4? How stiff is the pedal?

Sander.

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
I have done research.
I like the competition clutch.

What is better for my setup Stage 2 of 4? How stiff is the pedal?

Sander.
you'll be fine with either one. i'd personally go with something that can handle a little more power than what your wanting. i daily drive my turbo civic with a competition clutch stage 5 with 4 puck sprung disk. im used to the pedal pressure now and it holds great with 300hp.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the competition clutches arent really that stiff in my honest opinion. also check out LSD clutches.

and like 2drz6 said, look for torque numbers not hp numbers. you can have a 500hp car, but if you only put out a max of 200 ft lbs of torque then you dont really need a crazy clutch to handle it.

i also suggest a sprung clutch if going with a 6 or 4 puck clutch. the unsprung clutches have a much harsher engaugement, where the sprung clutches are easier to drive and the whole purpose of the springs is to allow the clutch to slip itself so that its not as jerkey and wont shutter as much when engauged.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had a centerforce stage 2 clutch on 10 pounds for three years . I loved it at the track but the third year it started to slip and now i need a new one. it cant take the drops any more. My setup is d16y8 td05 450s 12 pound flywheel with bfg drag radials .

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
You can go with an act street disc with an act xtreme pressure plate.
It wont have any of the harshness of a pucked clutch while holding just fine.
Off the line with a hard launch you want a soft bite characteristic to prevent you from snapping axles.
The pucked clutch will work fine too. But its much more of an on/off engagement with a bit of chatter in 1st gear, basically none of the slipping like a street disk.
Anyways, try the act combo. Its the best of both worlds without actually buying a twin disc clutch.

·
Registered
Civic 6th gen hatch
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm

I will drive a D15z6 whit mini-e. (d16z6 bolt ons)
I think a t28 turbo (6-7 psi)

- ACT stage 2 kit
- Competition stage 2 kit
- ACT stage 3 kit
- Competition stage 4 kit

I didn't linke the F1. Sorry.
How are the trust and top bearings from ACT of CC?

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
only problem with act design is the EXTREME pressure plate thats how some people break the TOB (if you look closely at the extreme's pp that have been ran for a long time develope a ring where contact was made with TOB). i would suggest a single diaphragm rivet type pressure plate 1800-2200lbs for your setup . a stage 2/3/4 clutch sprung type for comfort and easy driving. in the case of ACT vs competition id go with competition its a little bit cheaper and uses rivet type PP. and the clutch disc should be about the same. i Think competition uses the same PP with all the stages of clutches but not 100% sure. but yeah its all up to you both companys are good. a stage 4 will hold more abuse than a stage 2 and should have a longer life than a stage 2 aswell as long as your not making crazy horsepower/torque

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
I'm at 8psi on a stock clutch with no issues.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts