B

·
0 Posts
but your the clutchmaster??

check out ACT they will have what your looking for

·
Registered
999 Posts
hey just wondering...on my pratically stock D16y7... what clutch should i use... iw as thinking OEM replacement...

but I do attend some track days and autox...prety much everymonth...

should i try and upgrade to like for example an exedy stage 1 or something?

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
For an almost storck power level, I'd look at an ACT HDSS, Exedy stage 1, or Centerforce...
They're all good for low power. Organic full face sprung disc, with a slightly stiffer PP are all you need.
On my turbo D16, I have an ACT XTSS and am very happy so far.

·
Registered
999 Posts
pelsise said:
For an almost storck power level, I'd look at an ACT HDSS, Exedy stage 1, or Centerforce...
They're all good for low power. Organic full face sprung disc, with a slightly stiffer PP are all you need.
On my turbo D16, I have an ACT XTSS and am very happy so far.

ok cool thx

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
my Exedy stock replacement worked fine when i was n/a, and i raced the shit out of it.

i cannot stress this enough: PROPERLY BREAK IN YOUR CLUTCH

i didnt and it only lasted 6 months, and was slipping after the first month

B

·
0 Posts
lol sorry Clutch, its all in good fun. I have more clutch than I'll ever need. sprung 4puck kevlar disk w/ a heavy duty PP. Grabs like a Mutha just not good for the drive line. Get a lighter flywheel to, just not too light. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
whas wrong with a too light flywheel?

from what i understand 7-10 lbs would be good for quick accel thru turns.. which is good for autox.. which is something i like

then 11+ is good for street/drag

im going with an exedy stage 1 with a findanza lightweight liek 8lb orwhatvere

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
vietnameeh said:
hey just wondering...on my pratically stock D16y7... what clutch should i use... iw as thinking OEM replacement...

but I do attend some track days and autox...prety much everymonth...

should i try and upgrade to like for example an exedy stage 1 or something?
I honestly think the OEM EXEDY clutches are such good quality for the 95 bucks you pay..... I have one and it rocks, but stage 2 upgrade in the future.... im thinking EXEDY that too as well!!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
vietnameeh said:

from what i understand 7-10 lbs would be good for quick accel thru turns.. which is good for autox.. which is something i like

yeah I have an 11lb ACT and it works perfect for daily driving......and the occasional rip ;)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
vietnameeh said:

you will like that combo man :smile:

·
Registered
999 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
you will like that combo man :smile:
thx... im geting a gretat deal on a exedy stage 1 ...150 bux! and i see fidanzas for liek 170 shipped on ebay ... does that sound right or do they go cheaper elsewhere?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
vietnameeh said:
thx... im geting a gretat deal on a exedy stage 1 ...150 bux! and i see fidanzas for liek 170 shipped on ebay ... does that sound right or do they go cheaper elsewhere?
thats what I saw them for when I was looking for flys, nice deal on that clutch!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
ok ... looks like i bought th clutch now... i think i got scammed....this doesnt look likea stage 1...kind looks like a OE replacement is there...anyone have pix of wha the disc shoul look like on a exedy stage 1

1 - 20 of 25 Posts