Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with the purchase of my new adjustable shocks and springs comes the necessity to buy front and rear camber kits. Through my research I've easily seen these range from $50-300 (jdm - skunk2). Buying this new suspension has quickly diminished my funds and I really don't want to spend any more money than I need to. Therefore, I'm asking for any advise or personal experiences with any brand of camber kit that you thought was a good/bad deal. I've heard one negative story about omni, but I dont know if that was just a fluke or not. The jdm's can be bought for really cheap on ebay, and if they are a quality product than i would prefer to go with them. The hardrace kits (little more expensive) look really beefy, but i wonder if there might be clearance issues due to the bigger arms / thicker bolts. Any help or opinions would be much appreciated.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You get what you pay for. Jdm is not a brand. Its a marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i went spc perf. in the front and ingalls in the rear nothing but positive results

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
The jdm's can be bought for really cheap on ebay
umm, those are not a real brand. just knock offs sold with "jdm" in the title to attract ricers. ;)

i have always used skunk2 and omni in my suspension needs. never had anything bad happen. i did however red about the horror stories on omni's first version of upper control arms. i will be upgrading the DB1's upper control arms to skunk2 pro series in a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
hard race

the end

·
Banned
367 Posts
no need to bash the noob fellas.

try blox they are a good brand and are pretty cheap compared to other brands

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
I would go with skunk 2 or blox

I've had these ones before and if you try to correct the camber to much it will end up lifting your car because the will hit a piece of fender lining or w/e...but they are cheap haha

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
whatever you do please dont go with junk2. . . cheapest set on ebay and some poly bushings in them will be better then junk2.

omni-ive used them and had good results with minimal bushing wear.
hard race- they wont hit the inside of the fenderwell like the rest and the bushings look a bit better then the omni's.

skunk2 is blox simply REBRANDED and blox is CDM shit with slightly better quality control

remeber the whole skunk2 and blox IM manifold being IDENTICAL? same deal with the rest of skank2 product line.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
whatever you do please dont go with junk2. . . cheapest set on ebay and some poly bushings in them will be better then junk2.

hard race- they wont hit the inside of the fenderwell like the rest and the bushings look a bit better then the omni's.

skunk2 is blox simply REBRANDED and blox is CDM shit with slightly better quality control

remeber the whole skunk2 and blox IM manifold being IDENTICAL? same deal with the rest of skank2 product line.
the skunk 2 def. was not the cheapest they were 170...the ones i posted the pic of are junk they were like 20. And no I havent seen the IM being the same.

so those are shitty? I would take those over the other ones i posted any day.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

Yes, YEs, YES thats what I have been saying all along. Skankfools are nothing but trash. Don't get me wrong there products are ok, but for the price they are raping you on what you get.

This company is a joke, am I the only one that remembers then as skunkworks( yea like the airplane company) the reason they change there name was because there products where even worse and they where losing customers left and right.

Its funny they came out with there "proseries" which is another joke in my eyes. They claim "new and improved" but they are still junk. Look at there sohc intake manifold, it is almost the same as the old one, the difference being the "proseries" haha they are junk. Also take there $350 Tb, the old one where known for sticking.... guest what there "new and improved" once do to! A friend gave me his proseries one he took off because it was always sticking on him(almost made him crash more times then he could count), I sent it flying right to the trash pile!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
the skunk 2 def. was not the cheapest they were 170...the ones i posted the pic of are junk they were like 20. And no I havent seen the IM being the same.

so those are shitty? I would take those over the other ones i posted any day.
doesnt matter what you pay for it its still trash, dont be mad you got jipped out of 170 bucks mmmk :)

turboprelude95-THANK YOU GOOD SIR!!!

there have also been cases of valve heads separating from the stem and ruining motors as well

:bigok: for skank 2

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
who said i was mad? And who said i bought them? I dont even have a camber kit anymore. I was trying to stray away from the other ones i posted up (i dont know what they are technically called) but ive had them and didnt like them. I wasnt trying to repp skunk2 just picked out the first pic i could so i went with it (just so happened to be s2). I was asking if they were shitty and saying i would pick the s2 OVER the other ones...my bad.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
who said i was mad? And who said i bought them? I dont even have a camber kit anymore. I was trying to stray away from the other ones i posted up (i dont know what they are technically called) but ive had them and didnt like them. I wasnt trying to repp skunk2 just picked out the first pic i could so i went with it (just so happened to be s2). I was asking if they were shitty and saying i would pick the s2 OVER the other ones...my bad.
my bad man, the other ones replace the balljoint and adjust camber, the full A arm is the only kit i would recommend

either
hardrace,omni, OR ebay and put poly bushing in

skunk2=blox=cheapest one on ebay

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

note its tubular so it wont cram into the fender well if you hit a bump, also nice stiff bushings, and big bolts not tiny ass alen wrenches for adjustment

over all i know ill be going with hard race for most of my suspension needs over the other stuff since it looks to be purpose built and original not a copy/slight tweak on everyone's design

1 - 20 of 69 Posts