Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:IHI:

whats going on guys i have my ef si 89 that i currently have a shitty d16z6....motor was from a turbo delsol so the motor was already raped b4 i threw it in out of desperation....but guys really i need some advice on the best start d15b VTEC...or another d16z6....or the D16ZC(VTEC)....i just want a street car to stomp on some V8 toes....tim sure you'll know what i'm talking about....when i originally got the hatch it had a zc 1.6 NVTEC and i was running a decent susp,CAI,header,exhaust...with some 16's and I still RAN A 16.1 @ 84 mph....which was ok i guess for my first time at the track missing 3rd gear on all 3 passes(nerves)...but anyway i just want something that'll get me in 14's....maybe high 13's...please guys just throw out whatever you guys think

·
Registered
469 Posts
Shit, this is a good question! I have a D15b vtec. I'm sure u could do a search, but maybe u guys can attach links to this info? Better yet, how about all those running a D15b post some pics, stats, and dyno numbers???

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Know offence to anyone, but D15b's out of the box don't make the best 1/4 cars. Personally I hate V-tec on sohc's so i'm a little biased, but I know from expierence.
My buddy has a well built D15b in his EF and can only run a 15.3. I'm running a 14.9 on street tires, and can take him know problem.
But personally , you might want to look in to rebuilding your current engine. Buying all new parts will probaly be better in the long run.
Me personally, I would never buy an engine and just throw it in. I'll buy it rip it apart, build it the way I want it done. Then I know I have a reliable engine I can beat the shit out of.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Know offence to anyone, but D15b's out of the box don't make the best 1/4 cars. Personally I hate V-tec on sohc's so i'm a little biased, but I know from expierence.
My buddy has a well built D15b in his EF and can only run a 15.3. I'm running a 14.9 on street tires, and can take him know problem.
But personally , you might want to look in to rebuilding your current engine. Buying all new parts will probaly be better in the long run.
Me personally, I would never buy an engine and just throw it in. I'll buy it rip it apart, build it the way I want it done. Then I know I have a reliable engine I can beat the shit out of.
I've had hit and miss with tossing in a motor without a rebuild...One time, It burned as much oil as it used gas. Good thing I was getting 45+ mpg on it! <3 HF transmission. Another time, I just dropped a d15b2 into my old hatch (dirt-mobile), and it was like a brand new engine. Never had any problems.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
The best build is whatever you can afford..... Thats it!!!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
:IHI:

whats going on guys i have my ef si 89 that i currently have a shitty d16z6....motor was from a turbo delsol so the motor was already raped b4 i threw it in out of desperation....but guys really i need some advice on the best start d15b VTEC...or another d16z6....or the D16ZC(VTEC)....i just want a street car to stomp on some V8 toes....tim sure you'll know what i'm talking about....when i originally got the hatch it had a zc 1.6 NVTEC and i was running a decent susp,CAI,header,exhaust...with some 16's and I still RAN A 16.1 @ 84 mph....which was ok i guess for my first time at the track missing 3rd gear on all 3 passes(nerves)...but anyway i just want something that'll get me in 14's....maybe high 13's...please guys just throw out whatever you guys think

With even the average v6 family sedan in the mid to low 14's these days stomping on v8s with a swapped in d15b while not entirely out of the question, you are gonna need some aces up your sleeve. My vote goes for forged pistons,rods, 11:1 CR, bisi level 2 cam, all the bolt ons you can find,arp head studs, and 75-100 shot with a separate fuel system for racegas to run the nitrous with and a tune. That should atleast let you embarass the odd stock Camaro SS, maybe some STi's and Evo's too.

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
With even the average v6 family sedan in the mid to low 14's these days stomping on v8s with a swapped in d15b while not entirely out of the question, you are gonna need some aces up your sleeve. My vote goes for forged pistons,rods, 11:1 CR, bisi level 2 cam, all the bolt ons you can find,arp head studs, and 75-100 shot with a separate fuel system for racegas to run the nitrous with and a tune. That should atleast let you embarass the odd stock Camaro SS, maybe some STi's and Evo's too.
or if hes going to go through the trouble... why not a boosted vitara setup? as much power as you want..
imo id go with a z6 or a zcvtec

1 - 13 of 13 Posts