Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

A few weeks ago i bought a used XS-power turbo kit, as suspected the manifold was already broken. so i'm searching for a new budget manifold where i can fit my T3 turbo on.

the broken manifold was a Blurr. i would like something like a mini-ram manifold. but that's not gonna be cheap. so what cast mani is the best? I see a lot of cast mani's on Ebay.. but they all have the wastegate flange on only one runner, so i don't really think it will be good.

does anyone of you guys know a good header? it's only for an stock D15 on about 8psi. and what do you guys think of the wastegate placement on the Ebay headers?

thanks.

(btw i'm new here. where can i introduce myself?)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guy's. sure looks like it can handle some stress.

but what do you guys think of the wastegate flange place?
doesn't anyone has problems with this flange placement?

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Check eBay, there is a cast mani on there for retarded cheap ($63) lol its a T3. Of course with any cheap manifold you may run into problems with fittment, but since it's cast there shouldn't* be any problems with cracking. In theory you should just be able to hone it out a little for better flow and be good to go! I am posting from my phone so I can't post the link (or I should say that I don't know how lol), but you can easily search it using the words "d16" and "iron".. hope this helps!

EDIT: There is a n00b forum where you can introduce yourself on.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Check the product review section of the forum, there are more then a few cheap cast manifolds that have been reviewed. Some even have links to the sellers.... I know in my review thread I put up links. :lol:

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
HONDA CIVIC CRX DEL SOL T3/T4 TURBO MANIFOLD 1988-00 | eBay

I used one like this, but I made my own elbow section. The wastegate vent is in the middle which is why I went with that one. You have to use the elbow because the hood wont close with the wastegate mounted directly on top.

Minimal fitment issues, but I did have to grind 2mm of material because it was in the way of the power steering bracket. No biggie.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I'm so fucking sick of everybody miss using the word budget for cheap. "oh, on a budget". then not giving a dollar. figure. ..... what your exact budget???? after your bills, rent, food, etc. monthly. and does that increase after saving monthly since your so consensus.

the post should go, HI, I'm a broke ass or hi I'm cheap or i'm build a really basic setup and of course don't want to spend $400 on a race manifold which would be ridiculous, what are less expensive DD low boost options.

·
Registered
147 Posts
dont know how crafty you are might not be cost effective but
just picking up a header flange, 2 schd40 90degree weld elbows and some t's and either
A) weld it yourself. B) find a local shop to support
i think i spent 35$ on 2 t's and 2 90 elbows and 60$ on header flange and turbo flange,
found a local spot and they welded it together for 50$, may not be the cheapest but i think supporting small business in your area is awesome and good wat to meet good people.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm so fucking sick of everybody miss using the word budget for cheap. "oh, on a budget". then not giving a dollar. figure. ..... what your exact budget???? after your bills, rent, food, etc. monthly. and does that increase after saving monthly since your so consensus.

the post should go, HI, I'm a broke ass or hi I'm cheap or i'm build a really basic setup and of course don't want to spend $400 on a race manifold which would be ridiculous, what are less expensive DD low boost options.
If you have money growing on your back you can give it to me!

the budget for the header is about €200,- which will increase monthly. but i just don't want to pay lots of money for a header. my goal is a pretty reliable (fun) daily driver. so why would i buy a 500 dollar mini ram if a cast iron wil also be able to do what i want.

if i need to slightly modify the header that's not a problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HONDA CIVIC CRX DEL SOL T3/T4 TURBO MANIFOLD 1988-00 | eBay

I used one like this, but I made my own elbow section. The wastegate vent is in the middle which is why I went with that one. You have to use the elbow because the hood wont close with the wastegate mounted directly on top.

Minimal fitment issues, but I did have to grind 2mm of material because it was in the way of the power steering bracket. No biggie.

sure looks way better with that wastegate place.

you think i can't even close my hood in a EG without the elbow?

·
Registered
773 Posts

Well, I don't see why it matters. A budget build is a vague statement but I believe in most cases it emphasizes the point that it wont be a big build. HP number or $$$ numbers. But overall im glad you brought something worth everyones while here at the table.

Anyways I will 3rd 4rth and 5th the notion of GoAutoworks log mani. All I have seen from reviews and heard from people is good feedback. I've heard customer service is excellent as well. They fucked up a guys order and sent him the wrong mani, so they let him keep it and sent the right one with the upgraded coating (ceramic or something) for free.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay.. if everyone is happy about GO-AUTOWORKS... I guess it would be the best choise.. I drive a lot of km's so when it breaks a little costumer service would be great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just saw a few pictures of the Ebay cast manifolds.. and almost everyone has the turbo with the turbine side on the timing belt side. Is it possible to have the turbine side on the gearbox side, because my IC piping is made for that setup, so if I mount the turbo on that way i need to modify the downpipe and the IC piping pretty much...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
sure looks way better with that wastegate place.

you think i can't even close my hood in a EG without the elbow?
Without the elbow the now discontinue 38 Tial gate will hit the hood, but the new redesign gate looks a lot smaller (shorter) and I think it will fit, also the precision turbo gate are shorter so I think they will fit as well. I have the exact one and I'm using the elbow cause of my old tial gate. But this cast manifold is a beast and for that price is a steal.

I just saw a few pictures of the Ebay cast manifolds.. and almost everyone has the turbo with the turbine side on the timing belt side. Is it possible to have the turbine side on the gearbox side, because my IC piping is made for that setup, so if I mount the turbo on that way i need to modify the downpipe and the IC piping pretty much...
It depends your turbo size, I have a t3 and it fit both ways but might have to do some very little grinding maybe on the turbo cold size in order to clear the block rib. Also there's a bracket with a bolt, not sure if its the bracket that holds wire harness for the 02 but yet another not biggie. See my project thread, i think you can see this manifold with the turbo facing both sides (thanks to Greg from Go-Autoworks). By the way if you buy this manifold you can have it send to Greg and he can custom build you the downpipe, downtube, even your IC piping. Now give me so rep!!!:clap:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts