Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery is failing me and I need to replace it. I could go to walmart or autozone and just pick up another one but I would like to buy a good quality battery. I heard about diehard, but I just read a lot of negative reviews on them (not lasting more than 2 years), although sears replaces them for free. If I can afford an interstate i suppose ill go with that.
Any suggestions?

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
optima... oddessy, xspower, all good quality batts.

Reactions: Dmc971989

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
go interstate, worth the money everytime.

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
Optima FTMFW! never had a problem with it and it has survived three winters and four cars....

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
rep for joo... minus the Optima, the D51's are FTMFL
idk but u musta got a bad one or something. i never had a problem with my redtop. was in my mud toy.. 3 diff DD's and now my dad's tractor. still runnin strong...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Optima FTMFW! never had a problem with it and it has survived three winters and four cars....
I have had lots of problems out of them, but im hard on batts...

idk but u musta got a bad one or something. i never had a problem with my redtop. was in my mud toy.. 3 diff DD's and now my dad's tractor. still runnin strong...
i was speaking specificly of the D51 yellow top... its a turd of a batt, flawed by design

OPTIMA..Good battery
I disagree...

to the people who swear by optima... have you ever tried another "high performance" battery? such as Northstar, Hawker, Oddysey, or XS Power?

·
Registered
96 civic
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well idk anything about the optima's but i just double checked and it turns out that i do have an old interstate in my car. it started fine this morning so ive decided to recharge it and give it a second chance. think ill buy some new terminal wire connections and make sure those are all tight. thanks for all the response though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts