Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abide in one of his RT4WD wagons making a taxi run at our last event of the year yesterday. Bone stock and about to roll over! Waiting for the guy in the back's helmet cam footage. Launching at 7200 in super low, then low then to 2nd haha. Yours truly working start.

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Does the back passenger side door work? saw a guy climbing out the window.

Still video, looked like little body roll, might be due to the force lowering of the car with 5 adults sitting in it. :)

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Vid made me seasick. :)

Hahahahaha...

Reminds me of running my dad's old benz (1989 190e automatic). Probably the most fun I have ever had on an autocross course...

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
Does the back passenger side door work? saw a guy climbing out the window.

Still video, looked like little body roll, might be due to the force lowering of the car with 5 adults sitting in it. :)

the lock broke i need to take the panel off and screw another one onto there.

the body roll is astounding with 5 people in the car rubbing all 4 corners with the stock "literal 4 x 4" stance

ended up 18th of 38 on some Prime Well tires lol.
So happy i left the s2000 at home, it was a blast.

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
the lock broke i need to take the panel off and screw another one onto there.

the body roll is astounding with 5 people in the car rubbing all 4 corners with the stock "literal 4 x 4" stance

ended up 18th of 38 on some Prime Well tires lol.
So happy i left the s2000 at home, it was a blast.
Reminds me of when I first did auto-x in my bone stock '92 Cx.

Rolling all over and learning how not use my brakes to carry as much speed around the corners.

Had two 180lbm buddies ride in it and my acceleration was cut into like half, half of very little was almost negligible. :icon_frown:

Let a local with a lot of experience drive my car around the course, his raw times were faster than another with a brand new EVO 8. :)

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No, the body roll was terrifying from outside the car. I genuinely thought it might roll in the slalom haha. It scraped the muffler on take off lol.

And yes, there was 5 people in there. A couple were pretty large guys too!

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
the worst was the gate before the slalom. I know i was doing at least 50 into that. which leaned over onto the tire felt like 200 when the back end got a little light

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Lol looks like a lot of fun but I don't know if I would want to try that in my wagon

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
This was a $500 wagon i bought for the trans just in case i end up blowing it in my other gold/brown 1988 rt4wd. guy said it didnt crank. and had been sitting for a year. One ground cable and some fluids later i drove it home 8 hours down scenic highway 7 in arkansas.......4 months 7k miles and an autocross later it's still averaging 27mpg.

sure the rear subframe might rust itself in half at any moment but it's been a dream.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts