Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i finished my build and i need some security,
im just looking for some insight on alarms im looking for a paging system and i want to be able to install it myself.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Best alarms out there imo are DEI (viper, sidewinder, python, etc). You can get them on ebay, but DEI will not honor the warranty if it's not installed by an authorized shop. Ungo (made by Clarion) and Prestige (made by Audiovox) are both good alarms and they do not require you to have them installed by an authorized shop to honor the warranty IIRC.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i like the dei i got a viper in my mazda.

but i want to install this time how much of a pain are they to install? do i need some type of programmer to configure them?

and whats a quality system now?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
DEI my friend. you will not be disappointed.

i do recommend that if you get a 2way paging system that you get rechargeable batteries for the remote. since that thing is constantly checkin your vehicle's status, it eats away battery life. just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DEI my friend. you will not be disappointed.

i do recommend that if you get a 2way paging system that you get rechargeable batteries for the remote. since that thing is constantly checkin your vehicle's status, it eats away battery life. just a suggestion.
ive been leaning towards like a viper but how hard is it to install em i heard you need like a programmer for the alarm or something? is that true or do you just wire it in like anything else?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
ive been leaning towards like a viper but how hard is it to install em i heard you need like a programmer for the alarm or something? is that true or do you just wire it in like anything else?

its easy if you can get wire codes and locations. no need to get a "programmer" or bitwriter as DEI calls it. i only recommend that if youre goin to be installin a bunch of them. if you car is older, it will be super easy. what year is it

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
DEI or clifford. I've had both and they work great. Never had to use the DEI one, but the clifford saved my ass several times.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
2000 with key less entry

dont get much easier than that. you can get almost all your wires at the green alarm plug. let me know when youre closer to installing it and i can find the wiring info for you.

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
DEI alarm+backup battery + wire up some extra sirens all over the car so if the theif finds one the rest will still be on lol...he'd need to cut them all.yet you hid those speakers in the hardest to get places

i said too much about my own lol

make sure the blinking light from security is visible if you have tints...sometimes just that light detours theifs from not wanting to mess with something they know has security vs something that doesn't.
plus get a keypad were in order to unlock your ignition you need to enter a combo or the car wont start...

and removable steering wheel

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DEI alarm+backup battery + wire up some extra sirens all over the car so if the theif finds one the rest will still be on lol...he'd need to cut them all.yet you hid those speakers in the hardest to get places

i said too much about my own lol

make sure the blinking light from security is visible if you have tints...sometimes just that light detours theifs from not wanting to mess with something they know has security vs something that doesn't.
plus get a keypad were in order to unlock your ignition you need to enter a combo or the car wont start...

and removable steering wheel
was planning on most of that but a key pad for ign wher do i get one i want.

and i have to pick out an alarm cause wifey is getting me an alarm for my b-day (6 spet) im looking to spend in the 300 range hopefully for a 2-way paging system batt back-up(air horns diff budget lol) and a set of hella super loud horns!

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey what do you guy think about prestige? i got a deal for like 180 for a 2-way pagin system from a friend of a friend,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts