Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sub is actually going in my mazda bseries truck but i have a box i built for a 10 in sub that will fit behind my seat perfectly. I also have an older alpine 250 watt amp i can use, what sub would be the best. I have a hundred dollar limit and dont forget i have to buy wires that are around $15- $20 from walmart. later on i might get a more powerfull amp but so also keep that in mind in ur request

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
wtf? save ur money and get something worth a flip.. ur not gonna find a good sub for 80 bucks and work with 250 watt amp

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
put it towards someting else

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Infinity just sitting in a truck box at my house. Used for maybe a month before i bought 2 Alpine Type-R 12" subs. There was a 10" Type-S in the truck box before but i blew it with an alpine amp i have. The Infinity sounds really good. If you want it PM. with or w/o the box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a 10" Lightning Audio sub from Wal-mart about 6 years ago for $35. I got it just as a tester for when I do installs in other vehicles and it has done very well. I have been tempted to permanently mount it in a few of my cars, but always end up going bigger. It has been a good bang for the buck deal though.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Rorkfordfosgate p1 sub sound great ..New $75 shipped
lmk

·
Registered
5 Posts
pick up like an alpine type e/r or something, 100 bucks can actually get you a decent sub.. it wont POUND but youll be able to notice its there.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, yeah i have experience w/ p1 ive installed a few in my friends accord he liked them alot. i love how the alpine looks but there not going to be seen so im just going to get something used. thanks all.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i rocked 2 alpine type E's for a few years. sound really good, arent power hungry, and are cheap. i just hate the little piece of rubber that goes around the surround to cover the screws...always comes off.

·
Registered
713 Posts
X2 on the alpine type-e's. my cousin has a single type-e in his RSX. hes not an audio buff, just wanted some more bass with his music. he bought the box, amp, and wires at walmart. i helped him hook it up to his stock deck and i must admit, it sounds pretty good. maybe its due to the shape of the trunk. i dunno but its not bad.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
audiobahn. they always been good to me. but since the amps went from the X-model to the T-model the amps went to the shitter. built very fucking cheap.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx all, yeah i got an infintiy 10in sub for $70 and spent $20 on wiring. i also got an wal mart cd/mp3 panasonic head unit for $90 w/ an ipod hookup, great deal. i've ran the wires but am still looking for an amp because i hooked it all up and the amp was bad, i have another one thats 400 watts that im going to hook up for know but i havent had the time, ive been on vacation. thx again for all the help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts