Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some ideas about the next setup, I will use it most of the time on street between two lights, or at 1/8 mile, I want to be under 8.9999 sec.

Maybe I should invest little bit more in my current N/A setup which is:

'99 LX CIVIC

D16y7 freshly rebuilt:

- Skunk2 manifold with hondata gasket, everything matched with ported head.
- AEM V2 modified short ram
- Stainless Megan Racing headers 4-2-1 with 2.5 custom exhaust (with test pipe)
- Obd1 conversion with dyno tuning
- GSR 60mm TB
- Removed power steering
- Bisimoto stage 2 N/A cam
- Bisimoto valve springs
- Mild Headwork (intake ported/sanblasted, exhaust polished, unahrouded valves, head mill of .015)
- Rods/head ARP fasteners
- Oil Pump relief shimed
- PM6 pistons, hasting ring, ACL bearings
- 2 Layers head gasket
- Y8 tranny from '99 1.6EL Acura (canadian)
- Dual friction Centerforce clutch
- Stock flywheel (better launch)
- Dunlop 195/55/ZR14 front tires
- Tein suspension springs
- EX cluster + oil pressure and vaccum gauges

I don't think to get under 9.6 at 1/8 with this maybe little bit more cause heavy sedan weight.

What do you think about some forged parts, semi slick, lower final drive and small nitrous kit ? Or Should build small turbo setup with semi slick for street ? I think both setup will be addictive once done :confused:.

Any Ideas ?

Thank you

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
aren't these kind of threads not allowed?.... i know i got yelled at for something like this a while back... but anywho.... that's almost the same build i wanna make with spray... cept im gonna run a z6

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aren't these kind of threads not allowed?.... i know i got yelled at for something like this a while back... but anywho.... that's almost the same build i wanna make with spray... cept im gonna run a z6
It depends in what section you put it, and in the search option I found nothing. People might respond or not, they're free. I already got a 'serious' n/a build and I want advice from some people who perhaps already thought the same thing. Learning experiences from others save time and money.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
oh, ok.... well that setup with an MSD ignition setup and a 75+ shot of nos might get you better than your wanted time

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
with full slicks... don't bother with semi slicks... you'll only get maybe 7-10 runs out of bridgestone drag radials.....at least that's my experience with them.. there just to soft to last long

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with full slicks... don't bother with semi slicks... you'll only get maybe 7-10 runs out of bridgestone drag radials.....at least that's my experience with them.. there just to soft to last long
I'm thinking about something to use on street, like good tire so...

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
oh, ok.... well that setup with an MSD ignition setup and a 75+ shot of nos might get you better than your wanted time
75 shot on stock rods ? Isn't too much ? Stock ignition is commonly good over 300whp... did you see a difference with MSD ?

·
Registered
92 Hatch
433 Posts
I would suggest just going with a budget turbo setup, I ran a 8.993 in the 1/8th with my old setup, stock sohc ZC with a T25 at 8 psi on slicks with launch control set at 5300rpms... I made 168whp, In my opinon its cheaper and more fun...

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jrsc at 10psi of boost and a lsd in the tranny
I do not believe in stock d-series jackson racing supercharger. They are to small, restrictive, almost no intercooler to fit there = when hot lose power, belt to drive to make supercharger run on a small engine like ours. Not enough advantages to take this way sorry, and they aren't so hard to beat with N/A setup. If gain would be little bit better, I'd go this way because they are easy to install.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would suggest just going with a budget turbo setup, I ran a 8.993 in the 1/8th with my old setup, stock sohc ZC with a T25 at 8 psi on slicks with launch control set at 5300rpms... I made 168whp, In my opinon its cheaper and more fun...
Good to read ! But I don't have stock engine, I will build engine a this point when I'll do turbo setup ! Maybe it's not a big hope to pass 200whp with a D on nitrous or small turbo.

I take your advice in notice :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have been 8.70's on my old setup. Its all in the 60', street tire 2.0 2.1's slicks min of 1.8's I have gone mid 1.7's

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been 8.70's on my old setup. Its all in the 60', street tire 2.0 2.1's slicks min of 1.8's I have gone mid 1.7's
what was your old setup ?

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
One word, Boost.

If you want to do nothing but tow your car to the strip and let loose, i would say nitrous With your current setup you may beable to get more power out of a nitrous setup. But if you want to drive on the street at all, i would highly suggest a turbo setup.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
One word, Boost.

If you want to do nothing but tow your car to the strip and let loose, i would say nitrous With your current setup you may beable to get more power out of a nitrous setup. But if you want to drive on the street at all, i would highly suggest a turbo setup.
What are you talking about? Why would you tow a car to the track if its got nitrous on it? Heck I see more SC'ed and turbo cars being towed to the track than sprayed cars. Plus you'll make more power on turbo than nitrous.

To the OP, if you want to dip down that low it really is about 60 ft, get a lsd and maybe some drag radials or some good sticky tires, there are even some cheap ones that are pretty sticky, but are only good for straight line running. A local guy is running a stock ZC(a6) with a 55 shot in an 89 crx si with basic bolt ons, open diff on street tires and his best i know of is a 9.2 1/8 mile with like a 2.1 60' IIRC. He's hit an 11.80 in the 1000 ft with what i think is a 75 shot and radials, but the car's still got more in it. So if this is possible, a 50 shot, a LSD and some good tires should get you very close to your goal, if not breaking it.

Edit: BTW, i'm sure you know, or can read, the basics of spraying. Just get you some colder range plugs (NGK's anyone, bkr7e-11's i believe, like 2 bucks a plug) and keep the oil changed and make sure you can get enough fuel. You would probably need a walbro 255 pump or something bigger than stock and probably a little bigger injectors wouldn't hurt, even a 270 or maybe 310's.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
One word, Boost.

that's probably the dumbest thing i've heard

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The thing is I got a heavy 4 doors sedans, I don't want to sell my car, I just want good street setup and 1/8.

But I think I'm aiming toward the small and cheap turbo setup on mildly built engine to get around 250whp. Fuck bottle refilling, after 10-15 bottle I would have paid the whole turbo setup, without nitrous setup cost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts