formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
98Civic
277 Posts
The demon is just one unit with rtp and datalogging built in, eliminating the need for hulog and fits inside the ecu. Cleaner setup. Same here, not sure how datalogging works w/o a laptop.

This is my ectune setup, lil bulky eh! I heard you get a discount when you upgrade to demon.

·
Registered
230 Posts
right now its just like a RTP and much cleaner. datalogging speed is alot faster
easy install and like I said before ALOT cleaner.
on-board datalogging hasn't yet been incorporated they are still testing it out
but yes it will 100% be a feature added to the demon soon. the on-board datalogging is going to be awesome and very useful to use!
I am not 100% sure how it works but I know that at work when a customer comes to me with a MIL light I hook up the techstream to DLC3 check the code and I can go read the freeze fram rate data basically a play back showing what caused the code to trigger .
I believe the demon on board datalogging feature will be something like this!

·
Registered
EG8 sedan
81 Posts
One USD cord demon Vs. two with the Ostrich/Hulog.
On board datalogging. (internal memory)
Able to store up to 12 Maps at once.

Fits inside the ECU instead of ontop.

So far CROME is the only non-supporter of the demon yet.

·
Banned
443 Posts
No USB cord with the Demon - the selling point is bluetooth flashing and datalogging, although there are certain other functions it'll have in the future, a firmware flash away.

IDK exactly how mature the Demon's hardware is compared to other modern Moates offerings I've discussed with Craig, Blundell, etc, but if it uses the same CPLD that the Quarterhorse does it should have enough mojo to cuddle with and pillow talk to you after a hard day's tuning.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
No USB cord with the Demon - the selling point is bluetooth flashing and datalogging, although there are certain other functions it'll have in the future, a firmware flash away.

IDK exactly how mature the Demon's hardware is compared to other modern Moates offerings I've discussed with Craig, Blundell, etc, but if it uses the same CPLD that the Quarterhorse does it should have enough mojo to cuddle with and pillow talk to you after a hard day's tuning.
woa Mr.Davis is on d-series

internal logging would be awesome, just drive the car around after you finish tuning it and see if any small changes are needed without a laptop would be bad ass

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts