Honda D Series Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i wanna run a 100wet shot on my z6. im running a 55 shot now but in order to run a 100 shot i would have to get arp main stud, arp head studs, rods, and pistons? i already have colder plugs, ported intake manifold, gsr tb, i/h/e. i wanna have a reliable 100 shot d-series..is there anything else i would need?
A very good tune....

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
yea thats what i figured. i should have hondata by then and i kno the guy who runs the local dyno place

·
Registered
879 Posts
anybody know anything about tuning the car for nitrous via crome or any other tuning program. I was thinking about why people can easily make 100 more hp with a turbo and be safe and everyone saying that you will blow up w/ a 100 shot. I know when dealing with turbos and timing most tunes have about 1* pulled per psi, and usually peak torque and peak psi threshold are the same so when a turbo engine hits peak torque it has at least 5-10* pulled. If you would take out about 5* when the engine is at its highest cylinder pressure would it help out. I want to build a n/a d16z6 for a ef sedan I may be getting and be able to spray 75-100 shot at the track.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
100 wet nitrous if its tuned right, you shouldnt have an issue. If its not tuned, you will be burning lots of exhaust valves. Dont really worry about the studs. I would go for stainless valves first with anything over 80hp. Good Luck, Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very Helpful Information:
I'm going to clairfy a couple of things on nitrous oxide systems. I ran small zex nitrous kit in my tiburon (50 shot). First, he was almost correct in why people use it... It has a better oxygen density than normal air, not oxygen/nitrogen ratio. The nitrogen is just along for the ride. I guess you could argue that air 78% in nitrogen... but blah. Nitrous oxide just contains about 70% more oxygen per square inch than normal air. Second, he didn't mention this, but it's a good thing to throw in here: Contrary to popular belief, nitrous oxide will NOT burn. N20 is in all reality the ashes of burnt nitrogen. It supports the burning of over substances... At 572?F, the molecule breaks down into free oxygen (yipee!) and nitrogen. You can then add more fuel which means more power (woot!). Third, nitrous oxide does not heat up your engine, and does not cause any greater pressures in your engine(turbocharging or supercharging does that). Nitrous oxide enters your engine way below zero and actually cools things down quite a bit (down to 60 degrees). The danger of nitrous oxide is the same danger of grain dust in grain elevators. You get your stoichiometry too low, and the fuel/air/nitrous mixture will ignite while the piston is moving in a vertical direction causing severe engine damage (Worst case: con-rod blowing through the bottom of your engine block!) If in doubt, add extra fuel. It is better too rich(vroom) than too lean(bang). Nitrous is really fun kids! Avoid your redline though, your engine will caught off the fuel at a certain rpm (leading to high o2 ratios and bang, pre-ignition) It can be added to most cars with no problems, and as long as you are conservative with your fuel/air/nitrous ratio, it's coolest thing ever. Kiss your factory warrenties goodby like a real man! -Jon
I did not write this.
The post is from a blog somewhere and it answered a question of mine.
I wanted to help out others, so I posted it.

My question was about redlineing and if your supposed to do it or not..
Answer: Do not redline. :TU:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dude on the whole NOS issue.. it's cool running nos but at the same time alot of times its just safer to go turbo. dont get me wrong, ive ran nos in two different cars in the past 6 years and its awesome. but at the same time if youre careless with it, it can pretty much screw up your day. ive shot a rod through the front, bottom, and the rear of the block before sprayin nos (that was me being careless). another time i spun a bearing, also ruined my day. Although if you do wanna go the nos route, id go with the Zex kit, it comes with a lil box with a few wires that run to your tps, which basically just pick up on wot, and thats the only time itll activate your nos. it took me bout 4 hours installing it, that was from the moment i opened up the box to the moment i programmed it.

Holy smoke Batwoman I have that kit for sale. :bubbrubb:
whats wot?? sorry if I sound dumb

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Explain "On a street sohc"..... A daily driver?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Oh man, i forsee a bunch of blown motors coming from this group...
LOL^^^

So, think this set up is asking to blow up: a6 block, crank, rods / y8 head, crower stage 3 cam, springs and TI retainers / p29 pistons at 11.5:1 / 4-2-1 header, test pipe, 2.5" exhaust. With a ZEX EFI Wet Nitrous System - 4cyl Direct Port jetted at 50-100.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had 120 shot direct port on my z6 and it fine the only thing was that i had 2 run on race fuel c16 everytime i ran stock block msd upgrade fuel pump and a stage 2 cam low 12s

·
Registered
137 Posts
To all the nitrous haters... your a bunch of ignorant retards that follow the old school herd. Heres an idea do some research of your own and stop listening to the rest of the tards out there.

I believe the main 2 reasons people hate on the nitrous is cause back in the day it was a misused power adder and some hillbillys blew up their firebirds and mustangs. Nowadays that rarely happens.

Also because you never see a factory car come equipped with nitrous. So that scares the little sheep. They would rather go out and spend 30k on a STI or EVO and not have to work on it to be moderately fast. Stock turbos are for lazy sheep.

I myself love all types of FI especially No2. I spray a 100 shot at my fully built integra at the drag strip all the time numerous passes a night. Keep in mind I have half a brain and have the car tuned on Hondata with all forged internals. Good luck making the tourque with an equal turbo that I make.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Also because you never see a factory car come equipped with nitrous. So that scares the little sheep. They would rather go out and spend 30k on a STI or EVO and not have to work on it to be moderately fast. Stock turbos are for lazy sheep.
Rep for you! :TU::TU::TU:

121 - 140 of 150 Posts