Honda D Series Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
k4rts said:
is a tune necessary with nitrous?
Depends on alot of things.(What mods you have, what shot you plan on running) Generally, if your engine is running correctly, then with the right jetting it will run fine on spray as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was running a 100 shot for a while..stock internals..was prettyy quick. im now running a 50 shot, yawn..just ordered 75 shot and 125 shot jets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hahaha so would i just like my friend told me its like a girl with STD's you wanna hit but are just to scared of the outcome

·
Registered
351 Posts
so has anyone run nitrous on a d15b2 just curios if anyone has I might try it b4 my intake manifold swap ....if youve tried it what size shot did you use ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
^ Should be obvious, but it depends on whether or not you can drive.

I have a question. I have a Y7 with a crappy B8 intake manifold. Would a small 50 shot (dry) hurt anything? I haven't installed it yet, but I will be running a P28 and the corresponding injectors (240cc or whatever they are in the Z6).

Compression is good, and I'd retard timing. If you couldn't tell, it's my first time spraying, so I'm being overly cautious.

·
Registered
924 Posts
so has anyone run nitrous on a d15b2 just curios if anyone has I might try it b4 my intake manifold swap ....if youve tried it what size shot did you use ?
I just put together a 10:5:1 d15b2 with d16a6 head. Crower rods, ross pistons, rings gapped for big nitrous... Im going to use 150shot on it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
D16y8 with I/H/E, VAFC2 untuned looking to see what you guys think, if I should run the 75 shot or I should just stay with the 55 shot and do a Zex (or Crower) cam, springs, and retainers? www.sohchonda.com got me all giddy when they wrote an article on "13 seconds under 3,000" with basically a 75 shot and some weight reduction....possible? Not sure if any of you guys read it, but it was definetly interesting. To me, nitrous is the most affordable way to 13 seconds, but they make it seem to easy.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I run oem type R plugs on an 85 shot. I've had them last 2 bottles
You should be using 1 or 2 heat ranges colder with an 85 shot. I used to be running a 90 shot through a 1.5l in my 94 DX hatch and with 1 heat range colder plugs I was going though a bottle a week and never had plug issues.

You should NOT run OEM heat range plugs on the bottle. Chances are the electrodes will melt and those bits of melted metal will start banging around inside your combustion chamber.

TurboedEK, if you are serious about a 175 shot on stock internals...I hope you're already looking for a new one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
TurboedEK just wondering what motor you play on running a 175 shot of Nitrous on? And I'm also running the Zex plugs on my y8 with a 75 Dry shot, seem to work very nice.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I finally settled on these plans :

- d16a6 block, ported head, stock z6 gasket, ARP studs
- Eagle/TT rods, Arias pistons (the highest compression ratio available)
- blockposts + stock sleeves
- nice header (bisi or the like), 2,5" exhaust
- big cam (300+ adv duration, 430+ lift, LSA 11,2°)
- Webcams CG-601 camgear
- bored out TWM intake manifold with twin Mikuni PHH40 sidedrafts
- 45mm velocity stacks with socks
- small MoCal oil cooler
- crank scraper (if I can find one ! Ichihara-Johnson <sp?> seem to have vanished from the net...)
- ditch the vac advance and go for an MSD 8091 + Blaster coil with a CRX Si dizzy
- 250 shot direct port with progressive controller

I already got the head, carbs + mani, camgear and cam.
And a 50 dry shot that's useless to me now. :(

I'm going to put that stuff on for now with a milder cam and the MSD setup, and run a 75 shot DP on the stock block.

Sounds good, or have I missed something ?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
You should be using 1 or 2 heat ranges colder with an 85 shot. I used to be running a 90 shot through a 1.5l in my 94 DX hatch and with 1 heat range colder plugs I was going though a bottle a week and never had plug issues.

You should NOT run OEM heat range plugs on the bottle. Chances are the electrodes will melt and those bits of melted metal will start banging around inside your combustion chamber.

TurboedEK, if you are serious about a 175 shot on stock internals...I hope you're already looking for a new one.
check around.... type R plugs are 1 step colder than OEM H22's

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
and just in case this info isnt posted, here are some good plugs for nitrous (or boost) NGK part #'s

BKR7ES 1 step colder

R5672A-8. 2 steps colder

R5672A-9 3 steps colder

·
Registered
103 Posts
is it safe to run 55 shots in to my setup zc block with pm7 rods and pistons d16z6 head with ZEX 59300 camshaft and Ti valve springs skunk2 camegear atard 2 degrees felpro d16z6 head gasket.please let me know

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
i wanna run a 100wet shot on my z6. im running a 55 shot now but in order to run a 100 shot i would have to get arp main stud, arp head studs, rods, and pistons? i already have colder plugs, ported intake manifold, gsr tb, i/h/e. i wanna have a reliable 100 shot d-series..is there anything else i would need?

101 - 120 of 150 Posts