Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you know I am mainly a Toyota guy and was looking to buy a Corolla just because I work for Toyota and can get parts all day for them. But I was on craigslist and found me this 2005 Honda Civic EX sedan and it was just love at first site. I always kind of liked blacked out cars and the murdered out theme.

This is mainly about my Civic but I will be posting some of my other vehicles here too just because I can. This is my first and probably only showcase thread unless one day I can get my CRX back into shape and on the road.

Info on my new car

2005 Civic EX
5 speed
20% on all windows and windshield too
Eibach pro lowering springs
HID headlights high and low
Alpine stereo with 12" kicker and sony xplod amp

Everything works on the car windows/cruise/sunroof and it is a very quiet ride and the lowering springs actually don't make the car ride bad at all. I was worried about it being lowered but the guy that owned it took care of it. He replaced the clutch, timing belt and water pump less than 10k ago.

The only thing about the car that bothers me is I just assumed an 05 EX would have rear disc brakes but instead it has drums and I confirmed this with the dealer, 01-05 civics don't have rear disc brakes (except si hatch).

Plans for the car include

Clean/polish/wax everything
New plugs, air filter, oil change, PCV, cabin filter (if it has one), inspect the little stuff.
Rear window spoiler
Floor mats from weather tech
Fog lights
Maybe find a rear disc swap that will work

Pics of new car

This is the knob that was in the car, a top flite xl or some shit golf ball. I couldn't stand it.

Someone left a brand new shift knob on the counter and I work for toyota and this knob clearly fit a honda/acura. I grabbed it and it even has the lock on it for the shift boot, but it indicates a 6spd and I only have 5 :(.

Only 5 attachments per post I guess. On to the next one.

Attachments

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
MoAr pics of car.

Attachments

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I guess I will use this spot for my other vehicles.

91 Toyota 2wd 22re 5spd. I bought it for $300 in 2006 because the guy said it was going to blow up, it had 256k on it. I drove it to 305k and the timing chain finally broke and bent 3 valve, I fixed it and now it has 382k and doesn't use a drop of oil. Base model truck no options, manual steering and didn't even come with a passenger side mirror. But the dealer install AC when it was new and it still works with the original r12 in it, and I still have the original alternator in it too from 91. As you can see I have a theme of black and tint going on here.

Name: Vader

84 Toyota 4x4 22r 5spd. I traded a pretty mint 85 300zx for this and I have owned it since 2002 and will probably never get rid of it. When I bought it the truck looked pretty nice, no rust and had a paint matched topper and bronze wheels with chrome lips. Now after a year of being in the salt and being beat it kind of looks a little rough. I got 280k on it right now, I need to put the carb back on it right now.

The one time I actually got to see some "real" snow in TN.

It has seen better days...
Name: Mater

91 CRX Si. Bought it and rebuilt the motor and bought a trans for it and put it all together and it still doesn't run perfect but it is a working progress

97 Suzuki DR350 SE. This is the street legal version, 6spd 350cc 4stroke single. I got a DG exhaust and a dynajet kit with a modded intake. Power output it pretty good and it revs to 10k

1987 Honda Magna. This is a beautiful bike but I don't have a good pic of it. This bike is amazing V-4 with ITB and 6spd shaft drive and a 10k redline. I got 17,000 on it right now.

Finally my home to house it all, but this pic is of my 1800 sq ft garage.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
nothing on that Celica Supra I see behind the CRX?

also that garage is 150sqft bigger than my house and garage combined :bowdown:

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ill bite on the supra...

84 mkII jdm 3.0 6mge 4.30 LSD rear end 5spd leather cruise blah blah all that shit from the 80's. I sold it to some kid a while back and he has turned it into stance nation shit. I drove the damn car everywhere and had everything suspension wise replaced and it was a machine in the corners. It had 340k on it when I sold it, couldn't tell by looking though, the car was never touched body wise. I still have a parts car with a perfect body too with no title.

This is after I got my XXR 513 wheels.

If these were available when I was buying wheels then I would have gotten these

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
You suck makin' me miss my old yota' damn thing was a beast every where I went!

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
damn i wanna be your neighbor.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
That civic is a beauty! I would like one dd one

·
Registered
this car an sum trux
26 Posts
damn i wanna be your neighbor.
X2

just turned down buyin a house out here thats garage was the same size... as the HOUSE!!! shoulda got it but i don't have fishing boat no more instead have a wife i would like to see if at home and not in said garage. so got house with smaller garage... for her. nice trucks yo, those things last forever.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PICTURE UPDATE ABOVE IN 2ND POST.

I finally ran a whole tank out on the car and got about 36mpg avg with city/highway mix. All the options on the car work, cruise/windows/stereo. The system in it sounds great and bumps hard, I have never really had a system so this is kind of nice. I also speed alot less in this car, I think the gearing has something to so with it, my truck would see 3k rpm at 82mph. Either way I am not speeding anymore so no more tickets hopefully.

So far I love the car except for a few things. The damn head gasket is dumping oil out the front, unless my cam seal is leaking which I doubt. Someone replaced the block on the car and it has a d17a1 block with my d17a2 head and I am thinking they never even got a new gasket. Oh well though it is fixable and should be easy.

The other thing is the clutch is a shitty aftermarket one that whenever I try to engage it the whole car shakes like an alcoholic on his 2nd say of sobriety. A new flywheel and clutch should fix this problem though, nothing urgent anyways.

My 70 mph shot (I need to replace some bulbs):

Lot just purchased up the street from me, this is my favorite pic so far.

^Shows how dark my winshield is actually tinted. Also there is 2 dear in that pic too.

Attachments

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Didn't even notice the car at first was looking at the deer lol car is damn nice but I really want some deer meat in the freezer.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One month since my last update:

Overdo on oil change by 600 miles... no chance to change until saturday and must drive it... so it will be 1000-1100 overdo by that time :/ sorry guys, I thought I was good last weekend when I drove it, on the plus side I have put 2 fresh quarts in it, it leaks bad but I keep up on the oil.

Also I hit a fucking cat doing 75mph and cracked the lower part of my bumper.

More things I am noticing with the car now:

Head gasket is likely the culprit leaking my oil.
Car doesn't heat up until you drive it when it is cold (maybe a factory tsat will fix)
Left rear lock actuator sticks (I use it almost as much as the front one)
Right front tire leaks air (need to fill it twice a week)
Motor mounts are likely shot
Shocks need replacing

Also it needs a k-swap to match my 6spd knob.

But she is still pretty :wub:

You can see the crack on the bottom of the bumper barely in the pic, right in the center.

Attachments

·
3,983 Posts
my 95 coupe won't warm up for shit either, the del sol barely does

I think it's a civic thing :/

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Sub'd

i find it funny that you made a Random pic thread but i dont remember any of these being posted in it..?

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
You want another toyota to add to the collection?

I'm getting rid of my MINT 89 5 speed Targa top Supra with a built 7M-GTE.

·
3,983 Posts
I timed it on the way home - it's about 20f out. my Del Sol took 13 minutes to get up to operating temp, driving it normally. :3dtard:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
You want another toyota to add to the collection?

I'm getting rid of my MINT 89 5 speed Targa top Supra with a built 7M-GTE.
how much...

i cant buy it, just curious...

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
how much...

i cant buy it, just curious...
I'm thinking $3,500-$4,000

It's seriously MINT, body is flawless interior is flawless. Everything works, power everything, TEMS works flawless (beer drinkin will know), power/sport seat adjustments. I love the car just want another honda. Oh and its Eagle rods, NPR pistons, arp everything with a stock hybrid turbo..

Edit: Pm me with anymore questions, not tryna hijack BD's thread.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts