Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started a batch of Bavarian Hefeweisen, its now fermenting. 4 more weeks till its ready.

Any other brewers?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
i have. one of my old coworkers is an avid brewer. at christmas he was talking about putting weed in a batch as a hops substitute to see if you would get high and drunk, and see how it tasted.

i need to fix a few things in my setups before i can brew another batch.

what recipes have you brewed? the only 2 i have done so far were a bud light clone and budwieser clone as I wanted to make sure they tasted correctly and wanted something to compare the finished product to.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hops are in the same plant family as hemp, so you can do that. I don't know how much THC would be left in the wort?

This is my first batch, I don't think I will try cloning any mass production beers, well maybe some Pabst.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
i dont know about them wheat beers. i guess i like regular beer, miller (doesnt matter what kind, light, MGD, i drink em both) ice cold too. I cant stand to drink a warm beer or even slightly warm beer.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
ive always wanted too. my grandpa and an old friends dad use to brew up some bubbly. ill like to try it someday though. gotta wait a few more months though

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
I've got some pale ale to brew here soon. woohoo!

I've never done it before, so it'll be my first try. Any tips? Besides sanitation and clean clean clean clean.

·
Registered
94 civic... duh
161 Posts
I Brew!!! Never mass production shit tho that defeats the purpose.... :pinch:

Mainly like to dabble with ales, lagers, stouts, and the like. I like beer with rich flavor!:yes:

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool stuff...take some pics the next time or i call shenanigans...

i loves me the Bass Ale...
The next person who says shenanigans I swear to god I'm going to pistol whip.

One tip I have been told is to use bottled water, the cheap distilled water, tap water can have minerals in it that can effect the taste greatly.
Boil 3-4 gallons and leave the rest in the frig, when the wort is done add the rest to cool it faster. i was able to cool mine from 210 to 100 in about 10 minutes.
Its been a week i will be checking the SG tonight.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
tap water isnt pure so if you let it sit that long...what youll taste is the bacteria thats grown. thats if the boiling doesnt remove it. some tap water tastes good....like the raleigh nc tap water..that shits the bomb

1 - 20 of 66 Posts