Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ma brews,

I have been offered this d15z6 turbo set up,it was fully built and mapped by a Japanese performance garage,just wanting to know peoples thoughts,car has done 10,000 miles since being turbo'd.

Full spec;

Honda Civic EK 1.5lsi
Car has done 71655 miles
Timing belt changed at 42k and 65k
Oil changed every 4000 miles when turbo kit was installed, serviced regularly prior to that.
I have owned the car since 2002.
Been rolling roaded twice, 1st time made 221 bhp, 2nd time made 240bhp running 8psi

Engine;
Cylinder Head skimmed, ported and polished (Agra Tuning)
Piper Fast Road Cam
Full Tial Turbo Technics turbo conversion comprising of Turbo, FMIC, Plumbing's, Manifold and Dump Valve (Jap Performance)
Full Custom Decat exhaust system
AEM high pressure fuel rail
RC 550cc injectors
Hondata ECU programmed by Jap Performance
Walbro 255 LP/H fuel pump
Piper breather filter
Koyo Integra type R radiator
NGK Iridium spark plugs

Transmission;
ACT twin plate clutch kit
ACT light flywheel
B&M short shift linkage

Not sure what kind of Turbo the car has as the full conversion was supplied, fitted and programmed by Jap Performance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This engine was fully built by a respectable tuning shop over here,its more a case of me buying something thats very reliable. its costing me just under 1500 USD,but overe here d-series turbos are near enough never seen!

Pics and vid of dyno pull.

turbo EK civic - YouTube

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
you buying all the parts your using to build a car. unless your making them from scratch
Ha i mean as in everything already done. first I wouldnt know if it was all done right because i wasnt there. Second it takes he fun out of building something yourself.

This engine was fully built by a respectable tuning shop over here,its more a case of me buying something thats very reliable. its costing me just under 1500 USD,but overe here d-series turbos are near enough never seen!

Pics and vid of dyno pull.

turbo EK civic - YouTube

$1,500 isnt bad if you trust the people who did the motor then go for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats all this chat about paperweights lol

Its running on hondata,not sure which one yet...im guessing s300 is the best?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is all good as long as you trust the builders and can take a 1500 dollar chance, without being hurt over the motor if it doesn't last. Also you need to worry about your tune, because everything changes the tune when you take it elsewhere. Ambient temp, baro pressure, ect. I had a car that wad tuned in Seattle and here in Arkansas it woul not run right until re-tuned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your input "corvettking".

It should be fine as where the car was tuned is the same weather wise etc.

Its a full "tial" turbo setup,im guessing this would bolt onto any other d-series,....such as a d16z6? Ofcourse it would need re-tuned but id just like to know i have a safety net if this motor goes pop!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These pictures might work...

The ek3 is obd2a but my facelift civic is obd2b,because it is running hondata this means it allready has an obd2a-obd1 wiring harness,does this mean that all i have to do is change the wiring harness out for an obd2b-obd1 harness?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
There is a significant helping of fail in those pictures. Like for instance the 10 inch long coupler, all the worm-gear hose clamps, breather filter, flux welded downpipe and dump tube, and all the rice parts.

Im certain that getting a go-autoworks cast manifold kit would be a much better investment towards a well sorted setup.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i dont see any fans on the radiator.....recipe for failure

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is a full size koyo radiator from a DC2,its massive. The car has done 10,000 miles with this radiator.

As for the manifold setup,i think it looks terrible,this would promplty be changed for a custon SS setup.

Any idea's about the OBD harness issue?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts