Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is for the guys running hood exhaust or possibly out the bumper.
those of you that have done beauty rings around the holes in the hood what metal are you using and what size?
i have some alluminium but im thinking it is too thick. cause obv what is being used is super thin.

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is going to have to be a custom cut one because of the vent in my hood. I just nd to know what material everyone is using. That ss seabed like it was a good idea but if I order a chunk I need to know the thickness

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
414 Posts
i say pick a material based on the color of your car.. =) im guessing black? i think stainless would look good, its easier to work with, you have a lot of finishes to choose from, and also unlike aluminum, you can leave it bare and not have to worry about it.

*i dont like alum because it can get water stained and dirty easier.

if it were my car, id go with a 16ga stainless with a #4 (brushed) finish

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i say pick a material based on the color of your car.. =) im guessing black? i think stainless would look good, its easier to work with, you have a lot of finishes to choose from, and also unlike aluminum, you can leave it bare and not have to worry about it.

*i dont like alum because it can get water stained and dirty easier.

if it were my car, id go with a 16ga stainless with a #4 (brushed) finish
thankyou for the good info man.
im going to look into the stainless

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ihave found a 18g sheet on egay with number 4 finish. would that be too thin?

never mind this. found some in 16g

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool! but instead of ebay id buy off mcmaster , you know its going to be good quality and they arent expensive at all.

McMaster-Carr PN # 9748K14
thanks man. im going to go check lowes first just in case but il prolly be ordering it from this website tonight

·
Registered
414 Posts
I highly doubt lowes would carry something like that. i haven't had luck there with raw materials that aren't wood lol. but good luck, and post up pics when your done!

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you can make a card board template of what you want I can plasma cut you a piece from some 16g SS (maybe 14g cant mem right off) that I have layin around. Would charge you a arm and a leg either.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I highly doubt lowes would carry something like that. i haven't had luck there with raw materials that aren't wood lol. but good luck, and post up pics when your done!
Your lowes must suck LOL mine always has good stuff.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
If you can make a card board template of what you want I can plasma cut you a piece from some 16g SS (maybe 14g cant mem right off) that I have layin around. Would charge you a arm and a leg either.
my aunt and uncle have a cnc machine that will be cutting it out for me but thanks man

mcmaster sucks trying to order. i was just trying to get a shipping ammount also and it sent the order in and didnt tell me how much shipping was. and it sent it twice. looks like il be calling monday to cancel both oders and redo it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Your lowes must suck LOL mine always has good stuff.
dude your tellin me. they never have anything that "Lowes should have" ... always a disappointment.

That or maybe its a sign that i shouldn't be putting my car together with parts from a home improvement store haha

my aunt and uncle have a cnc machine that will be cutting it out for me but thanks man

mcmaster sucks trying to order. i was just trying to get a shipping ammount also and it sent the order in and didnt tell me how much shipping was. and it sent it twice. looks like il be calling monday to cancel both oders and redo it
lol they ship for free on a lot of stuff; or the shipping in just included in the prices. i order like everything from there..

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well wish the would of said that on the page. il reoder when i know there not charging me for 2 things.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts