1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a local board I lurk on:

Hi gang,
As some of you already know, I'm a cop in St. Albans and member of Beat the Heat, a group of cops and firefighters with race cars.

This May 23-24, I am hosting the first WV Beat the Heat Challenge at the Kanawha Valley Motorsport Park. As of now, there are at least 10 Beat the Heat teams coming from as far away as TX.

The event is aimed at high school to college age drivers, 16-22 years old. KVMP is reducing entrance fees for both drivers and spectators for the event. The entrance fee for drivers 22 and under is $10.00 each day and spectators 22 and under will get in for $2.00. Regular fees will apply for those over 22.

On Friday, Beat the Heat teams will accept challenges from drivers under 22 (we will likely be pretty laxed on the age thing for challenges.) Everyone who races a BTH member will get a certificate for their participation. Those who win against a BTH member will get a prize (sorry, I don't know what they are yet.)

Some of the BTH cars are simply retired cruisers or street cars, like my '93 Vette. Some are very modified, and very fast all out race cars, so, win or lose, everyone should have a good time on the track. We would like to see all the of the BTH cars challenged several times.

On Saturday the track has booked the Interceptor, the worlds fastest cop car for exhibition runs. The Interceptor is a jet powered funny car that runs the 1/8th mile at around 200mph.

Beat the Heat teams will bracket race each other on Saturday, for bragging rights. Registered drivers under 22 will race for prizes, which we are still working on, but will be worth your effort.

In addition to the racing, there will be other activities at the track, so everyone should have a good time.

What do you guys and gals think, is this something you will participate in? I'd really like a good turnout for our first Beat the Heat race in WV.
Jim Butler
Track info and such found at:
http://www.kanrace.com/

Yeah, I'm gonna go race the bacon. Yes, it is a 1/8 mile track.

Ages 16-22 race for $10. 23-Up Standard $20 rate applies.

Anyone on here interested in meeting up post up or PM me. I'll most likely be out on the 23rd.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
leeme get "the hoe" runnin' again and i will be there!

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:werd: I'm goin out with shitty street tires. I don't forsee a good 60ft time lol

I wanna piece of the vette :D

Other cars in the program that are definates:
Joe Warren from Chattanooga PD will be bringing his freshly built Mustang

Kevin Day of Memphis PD is brining a not so stock Neon SRT4

Mike Johnstone of Bluffton, IL PD is brining his late 80s Caprice

Jim Luckett of Bluffton, IL PD is brining a small block chevy powered Cutless

Glinn Littrell of Bolingbrook IL, PD is bringing a very nice 68 Camaro

Larry Hausser of Bolingbrook is bringing a late 80s Caprice

Denny Reed of Blufton IN is bringing a 440 powered Dodge Dakota

Tom Bishop of Monroe OH PD is brining a Chevy Monza

Ed Wheeler of Gahanna OH PD is bringing a very fast 98 Camaro

Marty Dunn of Chattanooga Meth Task Force, a mean black Firebird