Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
machine shop wants me to use AC clevites. these can't be a good bearing right? i thought they were cheap. he swears they are good. what should i use and where do get them?

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's not gonna happen here. from what i hear they are mad loot and my motor is all different now anyways. it's been line bored and it has eagle rods that are being resized cause i had a problem with one of the rods keprt breaking the bearing. when it broke the bearing the first time i used clecite's to repair it but it didn't last near as long as the king bearing did.

i keep hearing ACL or King. where can i get ACL's? i need a whole set. i might just get King's again though. if Clevites are ok i might use tlhose but they look mad cheap.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on guys. ACL, Clevite, or King? need input as i'm probly gonna be ordering tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Im useing king, i would go king, next time im going to try alc, heard good about them to. you can get them both on ebaymotors.com

I think king bearings are a little harder and hold up beter to detonation.

Oh yea, dont use clevite.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
FMY, there's nothing wrong with clevites, ACL's, or OEM. SCAT recomends using clevites for their rods but that's a marketing deal. I'm using ACL's and plenty of other people are.

I got my ACL's from www.autohausaz.com

^free shipping on all orders over $50. My main bearings, rod bearings, and thrust washers cost me $65.xx.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I run ACL bearings they work great! Honda bearings are over twice as much and act no different unless your crank is completely out of spec..

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
^ nice find!!!!!!!!!! rep for you TT wan't $100 + shipping. I wonder if they'ed beat it thought.............

They have the b2 and b6 stc. bearings as the same thought, that can't be right??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts