Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got some PHAT ass?
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've got a y7 block with a y8 crank and I'm putting LS rods and a6 pistons in it. I'm going to purchuse some aftermarket bearings what kind do I use LS or y8

·
Got some PHAT ass?
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
96civicex said:
sweet thanks for the help, ohh yeah and do these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7927517893&category=46098&sspagename=WDVW after market bearings help with not spinning, and would it be a necessary to buy aftermarket main bearings
hmm, i dunno, i never heard of them...I would only use, myself, either factory or ACL. I know of guys using Clevite successfully, however, i won't.

i would say use factory bearings, but if you can get ACL bearings in the right clearances you need, that might be more cost effective.

·
Got some PHAT ass?
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've just spun a bearing twice and it kinda scares me and I don't know how to make the motor more ammune to spinng bearings, cause that shit sucks.

Hey man I like the 6th gen Hatch that shit is clean You still got it

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
96civicex said:
Any ideas on how to prevent rod bearing spinning in the y7 block do I need to do something with shaving the oil pump or putting in a new oil jet.
there might be some tricks with opening up bearing oil holes, modding the oil pump www.theoldone.com style, maybe transplanting an earlier gen oil pump (if that even works) since 4ges is saying that Honda reduced oil pump output after '95...i dunno, ive had no issues with any of my later gen d's...my y7 went thru alot of abuse for quite some time with no oiling issues and my current built y8 has gone 35k+ with no issues....

yeah, i still have the EK, that is what my sohc is in ; )

I think if you assemble it properly, check your clearances, and make sure all is in spec, you should be ok, like i have been....

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
On a side note, Toga rod bearings have a slightly increased oil passage size compared to OEM. This could help oiling issues on 96-00 SOHC D's. Just something to throw in the mix. Im rocking them, and at around 10k will check them out to see how they have held up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts