Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roller bearing, yes.

Wanna know how I know you are working on a large bearing case/shafts?
alright sweet, roller bearings. The top one has like the spidercage thing.

no idea lol

me working on tranmission, I have no idea what I'm doing but the cases went together lol.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
EX/SI uses a roller bearing which is slightly larger than the outer bearing with groove. The lower DX/HF cases use a normal caged bearing which is same diameter as the outer bearing.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
What bolt? Lock the diff?

leather glove, impact with 30mm socket, and a soft machinists hammer.
And the hands of a surgeon. And a bench big enough to keep stacks of parts from getting mixed up...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
That before or after? CS nut not staked, VTEC gasket is junk, Vise Grips and Scissors? What kind of orgy it this?

Other than the $40 1/2" impact this was all the tools I needed in the beginning.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
And the hands of a surgeon. And a bench big enough to keep stacks of parts from getting mixed up...
A surgeon wears thin gloves, I only wear leather gloves when removing the CS nut. There are things you have to feel without gloves on the sliders and hubs. Or you can just suggest replacing it all when some parts can be saved. Depends on the teams budget and communication.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
It was from the b16 trans I rebuilt last year. That was post torque. Staking the nut didn't work out. It actually fractured the piece I tried to stake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts