Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to order some ACL duraglides for my y5 motor, but all my color sizes aren't the same. For my mains for example, (green-green-green-green-yellow). And my con rods, (black-black-brown-brown). Could I just slap on the duraglides and call it a day? Or would I have to shim them? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
cant shim bearings to get the proper clearance...

if u can get a set of greens, for cheap.. like the daido brand.. which is oem..

plastiguage it , check where they fall.. since duraglides i believe are close to green's as far as clearances go.. this should give u an idea of how the clearance would be when u use duraglides..

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
uhm depends? the last two motors we did.. we just slapped in sum greens lol haha, yup not the best way.. but atleast we checked things out with plastiguage and they seem to fall into the .0015 range anyways so.. besides, it was just a refresh/rebuild..

if u ask me what color they wer suppose to use? i dont know i didnt even check the stampings lol..

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
i wana say yes.. cuz if it was me id do it?

lol but i dont want to be the person who said yes and u blow ur motor hahahaha

shouldnt take too much work man.. daido mains are 900 sumthing and conrods are 600-700 , theyre the standard/greens , buy some now and that could be ur mock up bearings everytime u build sumthing..

thats what i did lol bought a set of greens, and i always use it to double check how things "would" come out when i use acl's or greens

·
Registered
857 Posts
IIRC my D16 ACL Duraglides were all 2.01mm thick, if that helps any.. Dunno how thick OEM bearings are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts