Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, sorry guys I thought I saw this before but after 3 searches I couldn't come up with it, so maybe I didn't.

Anyway, I was building my block yesterday and was installing the bearings. When I put in the bearings there is a gap between the bearings and the main cap edges, same thing with the rods. I have ACL Duraglide bearings that came with my FJ bottom end turbo kit. So, is this normal or do I need to go back and get some bigger bearings?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Please take some pictures and place in a post. Visually will be easily to figure what could be happening there.

·
Banned
3 Posts
pics or a crappy paint drawing would help lots
Please go to a honda dealer ship and order the proper bearings dont mess with that ACL and FJ bearings easiest and best way is to get oem honda bearings color coated.. Get the # or the crank and block and buy your self some.. You wont regret it..

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ive used std sized bearings plenty of times, without any problems.

take pics of what you are talking about, it almost sounds like u got the wrong bearings and that will not fly.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Please go to a honda dealer ship and order the proper bearings dont mess with that ACL and FJ bearings easiest and best way is to get oem honda bearings color coated.. Get the # or the crank and block and buy your self some.. You wont regret it..
you know you are correct but there is nothing wrong with ACL, Kings and Fj bearing if you know what to order.

it seems you've done the same mistake and put the wrong bearings on the wrong crank/engine. honda bearing easy fix but they are expensive. i've rebuild 2 engines. friends has rebuild many engines and many members here has used ACL and King with no problems. i'm rebuild a dohc zc engine with ACL so don't discourage in using a product that you don't know how to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts