Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the beaks sway bar kit set on +1 is awesome at eliminating understeer. Has any one used this kit.

·
Registered
999 Posts
any rear aftermarket sway bar will eliminate understeer

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
so do you think i will eliminate my understeer by using a 23mm f/swaybar and a 23mm r/swaybar in a 90 crx? lol.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I've seen pictures of a ripped subfram using the beaks kit.
That's why I would go for the ASR bar instead of the Beaks if I were you.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
beat me to the post. i have also seen a lot of torn subframes even with the beaks kit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really glad to get the input before I decided on that kit. This is what I am thinking. The ASR bar and brace. Will the ASR be compatiable with the Skunk2 LCA's I may have a line on a set of like new lca's from Skunk2.

·
Registered
999 Posts
should be fine

·
Registered
197 Posts
it all depended on which gen of civic u've
EG has a stronger rear subframe compared to EK (same w/ DC, stronger than EK)

if you're going to use anything over 13mm (oem Si rear swaybar) swaybar then do reinforcment plate along w/ that. the ASR is good but you really DON'T need to use it unless you're running anythin gover 19mm.
there's a couple more options out there

SRR rear sway/tie bar combo (19mm)
Cusco (14mm, 18mm, 24mm)
oem ctr (23mm)
ITR (22mm??)

another thing you may want to look into is the front swaybar if you've any beefy rear swaybar.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Really glad to get the input before I decided on that kit. This is what I am thinking. The ASR bar and brace. Will the ASR be compatiable with the Skunk2 LCA's I may have a line on a set of like new lca's from Skunk2.
Did you end up getting the ASR and Sway bar? Did it clear your Skunk2 LCA's? I'm looking at getting that package, but I want it to clear.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Did you end up getting the ASR and Sway bar? Did it clear your Skunk2 LCA's? I'm looking at getting that package, but I want it to clear.
The ASR/Type R Sway bar combo clears my ITR LCA which are much bigger than the OEM civic LCA's

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah. I heard the same thing as well. That is what made me decide to get the ASR brace instead. Still havent put the sway on yet but I love the brace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts