Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after many different iterations of suspensions I think i should post about them.

Considering its one of the best "bang for the buck" setups i've had its actually outperformed on the more pricey big name brands...
I'll have to get some pictures of the other car after tomorrow... which is why im putting a customer review... Customer service is pretty dead in our nation today.. especially in the aftermarket world... I had an issue come up with my BC coilovers, and I was thinking aw crap here we go... instead I was very surprised at the attitude and how they handled things...

I had some bad parts on the coils and instead of send them in etc etc... they sent me out brand new parts.. and included the RMA box for a return and label...
Very rarely do you have the new stuff sent to you, and then send the old parts back... (prosport you fail)

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
word on the grape vine is the newer BC stuff is made in taiwan :(
if BC actually works with the manufacturer, tells them they want the good stuff, pays them for the good stuff, then they will get good stuff. Personally it seems like a smart move I mean come on of any country in the world Taiwan is probably the best equipped to make ANYTHING.

Were talking about buddy club right? also what are their "inverted coilovers" obviously the shock body is at the top and the rest at the bottom for less unsprung weight but which coilover is it?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
my mfactory lsd came from taiwan. but its legit as fuck.

iphones come from there, and they are good quality too.

i wonder if my BC race spec are made in taiwan>

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
In the MR2 community. People who have bought them, love them. For a while they were having top hat problems but i havent seen any of that lately and when there was, BC took care of them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are manufactured overseas... but so is pretty much most of the higher tech thats imported here in the US. In the suby community people swear by them over such brands as tein... Just finished that part of the whole swap out this weekend, time to finish the rest of everything.. before the alignment, and wash the knuckle busting blood off the white paint

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The price really depends on the car too.... STI... a bit cheaper than TEIN and way cheaper than HKS... but they are pretty heavy duty..Note: don't let the box fall on your foot in the garage... hurts quite a bit

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The US distributor for BC Racing coilovers is in FL...at least that's where mine came from. Yes, I have BCRs on my DD Lexus. 12k/8k, and loving them! Very good quality, and if you ever blow a shock/strut they will replace the cartiridge for $99.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ what he said. they send you a new center section, and give you an RMA label for return. although some of the techs are derp.. its hit or miss sometimes but they always take care of their customers

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
what did you pay for these. Looking for a good DD coilover setup when I get my car

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
word on the grape vine is the newer BC stuff is made in taiwan :(
ALL BC Racing products are 100% Taiwan made. It stands for Bor-Chuann. You guys actually thought it is something else?? lol.

They are probably the biggest aftermarket coilover maker in Taiwan by volume. Not the best though. Heheh.

ps, I'm Taiwanese American. I grew up in Taiwan, I also work in the automotive OEM/ODM industry since 2004. :) used to work at Z.SPEED from 2004-2007.

·
Premium Member
GSXR-750, Magnum
74 Posts
OP, any pictures yet? Actual seat time with these? Track time? How were they to adjust? What spring rates came with them?

·
Registered
96 Civic 4dr
58 Posts
My friends been running those for about 2 years and he's not had any problems. He runs slammed everywhere and the roads here are pretty terrible. But they seem good for the price.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts