Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
civic coupe
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, since i did the wire tuck on the coupe i am going to be doing a battery relocation on the car as well, i have been having a really hard time trying to figure out what i want to use as far as battery goes. The car is mainly going to be for some weekend fun, some driving to and from work and maybe a trip to the drag strip. Now i really want to use a lawn battery (found one with the ca needed) and wanted to place it behind the dash with a inline fuse, cutoff switch and distribution block, thats what i really want to do, but now would that be legal for autox, road course, or drag strip? the battery would be securly tied down, and it is a sealed battery so i dont have to worry about it being vented.

The next option is relocating the battery to the back,using a full size battery having the kill switch in the back as well, and running a normal battery box from say oreilly. I know i want to have a kill switch installed just in case something dumb happens, and i know i need a distribution block. I am doing this on as big of a budget as possible so let me know your thoughts.

using small battery rough cost- 50 total
using large battery relocated to the back roughly 100 bucks

I really just want to make sure that i am legal to race at the autocross, and the occasional dragstrip run, i dont know if i would want to run a small battery in the trunk due to voltage loss thats why that is not on the list. Please let me know yoiur thoughts because i am stuck.

·
Registered
civic coupe
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, well i guess that says it for me then, the lawn battery is out and the box in the trunk is in, im not worried about a kit, just a decent box is all, what are your thoughts about the generic parts store battery boxes?

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
whats wrong with the batery in the stock location.More weight over the drive wheels for traction.

·
Registered
civic coupe
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did a full wire tuck on the car and wanted to relocate the battery as well to keep the bay clean

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
just below where it goes like mods

also i have a xs power batt i like it

some company makes like 10 lb batterys i forget the name

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
idk it came wiht a neat bracket