Honda D Series Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
Just something I saw this last weekend on the PowerBlock is the lithium batteries I dont know how well they will hold up with the cold temps that you have. but its a thought and an option. They also have a NeverDie feature that shuts the battery down at 20% and with a push of a button you can start your car.

Here is a link for you

Lithionics Automotive Lithium Li3 Batteries

My dad and god father have them in their rv's. They live them. They each have 4. 2 for truck and 2 for cabin. They have never worried about them, they are supposed to be 10x better then even the best drycell, and they aren't that much more. They both travel all over the us and have never worried about the cold. Have spent winters in Canada and Alaska.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Just something I saw this last weekend on the PowerBlock is the lithium batteries I dont know how well they will hold up with the cold temps that you have. but its a thought and an option. They also have a NeverDie feature that shuts the battery down at 20% and with a push of a button you can start your car.

Here is a link for you

Lithionics Automotive Lithium Li3 Batteries
that "feature" is so they don't get run down and permanently ruined/cause other issues. Lead Acid you can bring back from a lot, lithium you go down once and try to bring it back and you could get one of these:

Lithium batteries are no joke. I'm not sold on using them in cars without a full management/charging/cooling system

Well, I didnt have time to do a charge like that.

I brought my tools to the house, and the Alt I bought didnt fit.
Brought it back to the Advanced Auto many miles away and also had mine tested.

My old one tested fine. I noticed alot of corrosion on ring terminal (my own fault for not greasing it before assembly) So i cleaned everything up, used my battery charger for a regular charge for 10 mins, then started it up.

It ran just fine and the 20m trip home shouldve charged it up. It starts right up like normal now. But a little bit of corrosion cost me about 100 bucks.
that won't have charged it up that much.. maybe put 5ah or so back in. I'd still run it on a 2A charge for a few hours to be sure

i have a big semi-truck group 31 in the back of my crx. Although its quite large and heavy, i could probably move my car off the road with just the starter and putting it in second if i ran out of gas.

Oh, and it is pretty cheap, and they are generally better built than valucrap or durajunk standard group 24's.

i have a big semi-truck group 31 in the back of my crx. Although its quite large and heavy, i could probably move my car off the road with just the starter and putting it in second if i ran out of gas.

Oh, and it is pretty cheap, and they are generally better built than valucrap or durajunk standard group 24's.
I have moved my car from the center lane of the highway, up a slight hill to the shoulder with my stock battery lol. Battery and starter are fine still.

that won't have charged it up that much.. maybe put 5ah or so back in. I'd still run it on a 2A charge for a few hours to be sure

Only took about 2 hrs on 2mah for full charge

Code:

Last time I got the cylinder for my grill refilled, I was talking with the guy that was filling it...

He told me that the truck he had previously to the new one (a few years old) he was currently driving had over 500k miles on when it was retired, and that he'd only put 2 clutches, 2 batteries, 1 alternator, and I think it was 2 or 3 water pumps, in the truck...

That's quality.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.