Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Civic del Sol Si
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Do you mess with the setting>options>rev limits? I like to set the rev resume 100 rpm below cut and launch resume 5 rpm below cut. Makes the launch control a lot smoother and hitting redline doesn't cut out too hard.
I'm guessing you're asking if it is possible to do so? If so then yes, anytime you can add "extra options" which will give you control over all of that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
thanks for that write up , help me a lot to understand the basics , hope you will add more in futur , ignition timing and advanced tables or just wideband wiring for datalogging . Rep Up ! ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
3. In CROME Pro under the Settings window go to the tab labled [Tuner Logging]. Here you will select what wideband sensor and controller you’re using. For an example I will use my wideband an Innovate LC-1.

Lambda Conversion Table: Innovate
02 Sensor Voltage Air-Fuel Ratio
0.0 7.3
0.50 8.9
4.50 20.9
5.00 22.0

When inputting your tables like above you only really need the values 0.0-5.0 with maybe a couple in between such as the reading one step past 0.0, and the reading before 5.0. CROME Pro can adjust itself and calculate the rest of the readings in between. After your table is setup to the right of the window you will see more settings. Under the [Lambda Recording Conditions (Range)] most of these settings you can leave to the default. But most people including myself will change the [Gear(s)] option to enable RTP to start in all gears. So for an example you can input [1 2 3 4 5] with a space between each number to indicate CROME Pro is to start recording data in all gears.

The [Lambda Offset Correction] is a tool you use in case your wideband controller gauge and the AFR readings are different. If your WB gauge reads 15.1:1 and CROME Pro reads 13.1:1 then you can use the [Lambda Offset Correction] to get CROME Pro reading the same as your WB gauge. Just add or subtract adjustments in most cases by 0.01 (+/-) until you have both readings as close as possible.

After all of these settings are as above you should be ready to enable the [Live Tuning] button at the bottom of the CROME Pro main window. Remember the car must either be running or at the very least have the ignition key in the [ON] position before datalogging will connect to the ECU. If you are still unable to get datalogging to function properly please redo all the steps.

Now that you’ve got your modified basemap successfully written to your Ostrich 2.0, and your Xtreme Hulog reading the ECU. You can now start the first step of tuning your engine, and that begins with idle. One setting that I always check first that is sometimes enabled, that for me is a huge pain to deal with is [Smart Tracking]. [Smart Tracking] is located right next to the [Live Tuning] button at the bottom of the CROME Pro main window. If the [Smart Tracking] button is enabled go ahead and turn it off, the reason for this is because when you go to make adjustments within the fuel map. Whatever you select yourself is what you will be adjusting. With [Smart Tracking] enabled you will only be able to adjust the cell(s) that it has selected. Also you’ll notice there is a small black arrow pointing down next to [Smart Tracking]. Click on it to bring up a small options window. Inside this options window you’ll see things such as, “Single Cell”, “Quad Cell”, “Single Row” ect. The option “Single Cell” is most likely selected, go ahead and choose “Quad Cell”. When “Single Cell” is selected while you’re datalogging a single cell will be highlighted in a light purple shade. Wherever that single cell is located on the fuel maps is where the engine is running within the table. In reality the ECU is never looking at just one cell while running, but is in fact reading that single cell and all the cells around it. So if you were to enable the “Quad Cell” option you will actually have a better view of what the ECU is reading so you can adjust all those cells at the same time instead of one at a time…

good day sir just want to ask why my
3. In CROME Pro under the Settings window go to the tab labled [Tuner Logging]. Here you will select what wideband sensor and controller you’re using. For an example I will use my wideband an Innovate LC-1.

Lambda Conversion Table: Innovate
02 Sensor Voltage Air-Fuel Ratio
0.0 7.3
0.50 8.9
4.50 20.9
5.00 22.0

When inputting your tables like above you only really need the values 0.0-5.0 with maybe a couple in between such as the reading one step past 0.0, and the reading before 5.0. CROME Pro can adjust itself and calculate the rest of the readings in between. After your table is setup to the right of the window you will see more settings. Under the [Lambda Recording Conditions (Range)] most of these settings you can leave to the default. But most people including myself will change the [Gear(s)] option to enable RTP to start in all gears. So for an example you can input [1 2 3 4 5] with a space between each number to indicate CROME Pro is to start recording data in all gears.

The [Lambda Offset Correction] is a tool you use in case your wideband controller gauge and the AFR readings are different. If your WB gauge reads 15.1:1 and CROME Pro reads 13.1:1 then you can use the [Lambda Offset Correction] to get CROME Pro reading the same as your WB gauge. Just add or subtract adjustments in most cases by 0.01 (+/-) until you have both readings as close as possible.

After all of these settings are as above you should be ready to enable the [Live Tuning] button at the bottom of the CROME Pro main window. Remember the car must either be running or at the very least have the ignition key in the [ON] position before datalogging will connect to the ECU. If you are still unable to get datalogging to function properly please redo all the steps.

Now that you’ve got your modified basemap successfully written to your Ostrich 2.0, and your Xtreme Hulog reading the ECU. You can now start the first step of tuning your engine, and that begins with idle. One setting that I always check first that is sometimes enabled, that for me is a huge pain to deal with is [Smart Tracking]. [Smart Tracking] is located right next to the [Live Tuning] button at the bottom of the CROME Pro main window. If the [Smart Tracking] button is enabled go ahead and turn it off, the reason for this is because when you go to make adjustments within the fuel map. Whatever you select yourself is what you will be adjusting. With [Smart Tracking] enabled you will only be able to adjust the cell(s) that it has selected. Also you’ll notice there is a small black arrow pointing down next to [Smart Tracking]. Click on it to bring up a small options window. Inside this options window you’ll see things such as, “Single Cell”, “Quad Cell”, “Single Row” ect. The option “Single Cell” is most likely selected, go ahead and choose “Quad Cell”. When “Single Cell” is selected while you’re datalogging a single cell will be highlighted in a light purple shade. Wherever that single cell is located on the fuel maps is where the engine is running within the table. In reality the ECU is never looking at just one cell while running, but is in fact reading that single cell and all the cells around it. So if you were to enable the “Quad Cell” option you will actually have a better view of what the ECU is reading so you can adjust all those cells at the same time instead of one at a time…

good day sir just want to ask why the smart tracking cell not working I have the dealer version of the software there's no option on the smart tracking botton for the cell how can I fix it thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.