Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, and new to Honda’s in general! Never had one before but traded my way into owning a 96 hatch has the d16y8 eBay .50 turbo precision wastegate grams 550 injectors Walboro 255 pump and Hondata S300 ecu ive never tuned anything so when I got into the smanager I accidentally deleted the tune that was on my car. This car is my daily and I’ve been trying to put together a base tune of some kind to get it driveable for now while I wait to get it dyno tuned. Car was running 10psi, ran fine but my current base tune I put together it cuts out at 5k rpm completely and afrs are in the 17’s anyone have a base tune or could help me with sitting mine up for the time being?

·
Registered
65 Posts
New to the forum, and new to Honda’s in general! Never had one before but traded my way into owning a 96 hatch has the d16y8 eBay .50 turbo precision wastegate grams 550 injectors Walboro 255 pump and Hondata S300 ecu ive never tuned anything so when I got into the smanager I accidentally deleted the tune that was on my car. This car is my daily and I’ve been trying to put together a base tune of some kind to get it driveable for now while I wait to get it dyno tuned. Car was running 10psi, ran fine but my current base tune I put together it cuts out at 5k rpm completely and afrs are in the 17’s anyone have a base tune or could help me with sitting mine up for the time being?
you, as of right now, should not be going anywhere near 5k rpm. 17 is LEAN.

As for someone giving you a base map, i wouldnt suggest that. everyone's setup's are different. just because his runs fine doesnt mean yours will.

What i suggest is that you take it easy with the car OR if you can, get the tune file from your tuner. Either way, baby it until you get a proper tune.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Remove the turbo and manifold, cap off the oil return and feed lines, install a header or manifold cat converter, and run a basemap of a stock engine with the necessary changes done for the larger injectors.

NO BASE TUNE IS DRIVABLE!!!!!!

The hondata basemaps for stock enginess are pulled directly from stock ecu's and are 100% safe to drive with once the turbo is gone. with some minor timing adjustments, teh stock d16z6 tune will run your y8 pretty good.

If you really need to get it drivable, you need to find a way to keep the wastegate open to reduce boost as much as possible, if removing everything is not possible.

Set a conservative timing advance reduction per psi of boost, get it running richer. If you have a wideband installed with a converter or seperate input setup, you need to utilize the AFR target feature.

If you have a simple narrowband 4wire o2 sensor, you really can not do much until a tuner gets his hands on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts