Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was watching a show on I believe cooking channel last night and they were cooking fresh sausage links with casing on. Their method was to cook at 275-300 degrees, more of a smoking temp. so the casings don't rupture and the fat drip out causing flare up.

On my fake egg I did the typical setup of coals on one side, cooking on the other, aka indirect. Kroger Mild Italian dinner sausages, 45 minutes at 350 vent temp, 300 grate temp, turned out perfect!

Now I have been cooking the fat out but that made reheating a PITA. I reheat a link that is split in half lengthwise after overnight in the frig, remove then, add coco oil, then fry two or three eggs, served on wheat bread for a quick breakfast sandwich.

Currently have a 1 lb sausage chub on the cold side as well, cooking till 190-200 IT, after 1 hour it is at 167 F.

I wish bluetooth had better range.

Maverick Et 737 Wireless Remote Bluetooth BBQ Food Thermometer Temperature Probe | eBay

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're giving me a 1lb chub. Where are the pics man.
google my big...10 inch...

Without FB app. on my phone sharing photos is more of a PITA...besides I won't be around here much longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts