Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm currently building a 90 civic hatch restoring everything on this one I got pretty much everything ready to go but I'm looking for a set of ball joints. I did a lot of searching and I'm thinking of getting a set of xrf ball joints...

What do you guys think??

Xrf good or bad??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see most everyone goes with moog.
Maybe I'll try out the ray's good price at Carquest.

I asked about xrf cuz I read about them on off roading and diesel truck forums and they mostly have good reviews... The guy that started that company used to be a higher up at moog... Tho idk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also I found them on eBay for about 30 bucks each

·
Registered
176 Posts
honda genuine or moog from my personal experience but ive heard some decent things about raybestos and it seems people on this forum like them too, id give those raybestos a shot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the tape-R?? Wow then I'll probably use those... I read the tread on that "ctr" lol looks like u guys had fun with it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went and bought a set of ray's and found that the lower ball joints say BAW on them should I trust these??

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Raybestos and Moog both rebox China/Twain made parts, just keep an eye on them and if they develop any play warranty them right away.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
BTW: OEM Honda ball joints can fail straight out of the box just like any other joint. And to warranty them you have to let a dealer remove it. Napa sells a brand called "Altrom Imports" which are just reboxed Sankei 555 (a Honda OEM) but yu wont have to mess with the warranty BS Honda makes you do

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to know... I wonder what O'reilly's import direct is... The brake pads are kashiyama or something all I know is that is a Japanese box with an import direct sticker on the side lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts