Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

THIS THING IS FREAKIN COOL!!!!

For $25 + shipping from Amazon, this is quite possibly the coolest car toy I've found.

Buy BAFX OBD2 Bluetooth scannner, plug into factory wiring harness, download Torque app, link it to your phone/tablet, and BAM you've got more data than you know what to do with.

It's got readouts for:
Boost
Accelerometer
Altitude
Speed
Trip Distance
Ambient Air Temp
Parometric Pressure
Coolant Temp
RPM
Engine Load
Fuel Level
Fuel Pressure
IAT
TPS
Intake Manifold Pressure
MPG (realtime and average)
Mass Air
O2 Voltage
Timing Advance
Voltage

Oh, and you can't forget that it's got the capability to read Check Engine lights and clear them. Literally one of the most usefull toys I've found so far. I LOVE this thing.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-PIC18F2480-diagnostics-compatible/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375404904&sr=8-1&keywords=bafx+obd2+bluetooth[/ame]

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it is actually, I remember my friend talk about his a few years ago. Mat thought some folks here might not have seen it and would enjoy it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
I will be going elm234 (?) dongle soon to use my smart phone as a gauge pod, used with the app Torque Pro.

·
Registered
m1165a2 HMMWV
61 Posts
How does this work with iPhone 4s? Do you know anybody with it on that? I was thinking about getting the OT-2 but this is way cheaper. I just don't know anyone running one. Do you have any pics of the interface with actual data displayed. Would you consider this more a toy or do you think is could potentially replace larger much more expensive OBD2 systems that show real-time data. Have you had any problems with the blue tooth staying connected? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
How does this work with iPhone 4s? Do you know anybody with it on that? I was thinking about getting the OT-2 but this is way cheaper. I just don't know anyone running one. Do you have any pics of the interface with actual data displayed. Would you consider this more a toy or do you think is could potentially replace larger much more expensive OBD2 systems that show real-time data. Have you had any problems with the blue tooth staying connected? Sorry for all the questions.
No iPhone but it has work for all my androids just fine.
It can replace a scanner. It reads a lot of data and reads emissions status and dems.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

There are some screenshots, not from me though. You can configure the dials/guages anywhere you like on the screen.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I wanted to get one of these but then i went turbo, im not sure if this would work with obd2-1 conversion anyone have any idea? Maybe i will try and if it doesnt work i can use it on my girlfriends civic

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I wanted to get one of these but then i went turbo, im not sure if this would work with obd2-1 conversion anyone have any idea? Maybe i will try and if it doesnt work i can use it on my girlfriends civic
Won't work.
I used it with my obd2 turbo setup with the aem fic. It won't read boost because your gotta clamp that so factory ecu doesn't flip out

And won't work on obd1 swap since that ecu doesn't have the protocol build into it
Think about hooking a hdmi cable to an old tv with an antenna.
It's before it's time.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Well i guess i will have to use the cn2 port on the ecu for a tunerview or something
they sell a $10 bluetooth adapter that works with hondalog on the android market.

I try it out and its ok just not alot of customization.

And turner view is cool i was going to get one years ago but never had the money and now i dont really care to much about it. been trying to keep the car clean and simple.

·
Registered
m1165a2 HMMWV
61 Posts
No iPhone but it has work for all my androids just fine.
It can replace a scanner. It reads a lot of data and reads emissions status and dems.
Hmm, so with a cheap tablet or a phone with no service I would be good to go. These new fangled blue teeth things frighten me though. Have you had much trouble with random disconnects or any interruption in the data at all?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts