Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a t3 .42/.48 on my d16y8 bone stock running like 2 1/4" ic piping and 2.5" dp. i just realized that my turbo doesnt spool till really late like 5k or little after so if i race anyone in second or any gear under 5k rpms i just get killed cause it seems like it takes forever to feel like the turbo is working my gauge says i am running about 9psi right now but its a shitty gauge.. i know i have heard that i could buy a smaller compressor side to help the spool time. But what kind of compressor side should i get and are there web sites that sell them. Any help would be great. And i wanted to know what other turbos will fit the bolt patern and my t3 both on the downpipe and the manifold side. I just want to have more than 1500 to 2000 power ban

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exhaust leak before the turbo as in turbo manifold?? cause i found a leak along the edge of my manifold were it sits against the motor. that would cause this sort of lag???

And on the cold side of the turbo there is a brass fitting coming out of it and i didnt know what thats for so i put a rubber cap on it to see if it boost air out when i drive it and it does (most of you probably know that already) but do i need to do anything with that brass fitting??

·
Registered
240 Posts
exhaust leak before the turbo as in turbo manifold?? cause i found a leak along the edge of my manifold were it sits against the motor. that would cause this sort of lag???

And on the cold side of the turbo there is a brass fitting coming out of it and i didnt know what thats for so i put a rubber cap on it to see if it boost air out when i drive it and it does (most of you probably know that already) but do i need to do anything with that brass fitting??
That brass fitting is for your wastegate. How do you have your wastegate hooked up?

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Fix that leak, that'll definitely help... And do you have a pic of the turbo or can tell us what you got there?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Fix the boost/exhaust leak. That brass nipple can easily be replaced with a $1 brass plug to guarantee no leak there.
Also, I'd upgrade the DP size before trying to upgrade the comp. hosuing. The larger DP will help w/ your spool time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will post up a picture of the turbo tomorrow. i have a line from my wastegate going to a vacuum source! I thought that this was correct.??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i have a line going from my wastegate to the intake manifold and i cut the line in half and put the boost controller on so how does it still get oil in there.?? Is there oil in the intake manifold somewhere that should not be there obviously???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ya i forgot i was driving around town yesterday and when i boosted it this one time my charge pipe blow apart and so i drove it home to re attach it and oil was coming out of my charge pipe!!!! what does that mean??

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
oh ya i forgot i was driving around town yesterday and when i boosted it this one time my charge pipe blow apart and so i drove it home to re attach it and oil was coming out of my charge pipe!!!! what does that mean??
Sounds like blown seals in the turbo. What size oil feed line are you running? Are you using a restrictor? Do you know your WOT oil pressure?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have a flange that bolts to my oil feed port on my turbo but i am not sure if its a restrictor. And besides having oil in my charge pipes is blown turbo seals something that needs to be fixed asap!! sorry for a retarded question i know that if something is blown it needs to be fixed but just want to ask

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
I would get it fixed ASAP cause your not even running a catch can correct? That means your gonna get tons of oil you dont want in your motor and it will only take so much. Your PVC system will take a shit too.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts