Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am a noob when it comes to FI, I have dont plenty of reading on here and have come to build my own kit..but still no tune(thanks)

so I have a couple questions

1)My problem is that everytime I hit boost I notice a lil smoke from the hood, so I pop the hood and see oil leaking down my block, I clean it up and drive and it happens again, upon inspection I notice that the oil is coming from the valve cover, I just changed the gasket b4 I put the kit on so I know it cant be that.. SO my question is, what is causing this to happen, and how do I stop it?

2) I installed 440cc injectors but the car seemed to bog upon starting and sometimes wouldnt even do anything, idle would just be low, so I changed them out and put in injectors I pulled from a turbo volvo slapped them on, and it idels fine.
Is it the tune ithat I need to be able to run the 440's?

3) last one, with the volvo injectors(I believe they might be 310 could be wrong) I adjust my FPR at 40 psi car start fine, I turn off and adjust to 55 psi and it wont turn over, so what I did was put back to 40 started the car adjust to 55 ran the car but when I was stopped at a light, car shut off.
where should it be adjusted to run normal, or do I need an adjustable fpr. ( or this maybe lack of tune as well)

Sorry for all the questions guise but I know allot of you here have gonr throught that same thing, so appreciate the help..

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
your valvecover gasket even tho is new could leak due to something on the gasket surface or a poor gasket... double check it..

·
Registered
civic
122 Posts
i agree with h2bcivic. def double check your head surface under the gasket. as far as your fuel issue. u dont have an adj fuel pressure reg? if not then you should def get one and also get an air/fuel gauge. this way when you turn it up you can see if your running too rich or too lean. but sounds like your dumping too much fuel in it and your flooding the motor.

:slap:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
talking about oil leaks in the valve cover and some smoke from the valve cover along with you talking about changing injectors without tuning.

this all leads me to think your car is not tuned well and its time for a compression test.

wanna bet on how many cylinders are below 100psi?

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
talking about oil leaks in the valve cover and some smoke from the valve cover along with you talking about changing injectors without tuning.

this all leads me to think your car is not tuned well and its time for a compression test.

wanna bet on how many cylinders are below 100psi?
i got $10 on 2 & 3!

·
Registered
131 Posts
People are getting the valve cover gasket mixed up with the head gasket. Leaking from your valve cover gasket in no ways point to a bad head gasket and therefor low compression in any cylinders. CSaddict has the correct answer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah its not the head gasket, but will pick a new VC gasket and see.. catch can may be what I need. Oh and right now I es running 5lbs

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Put some honda bond on the sharp turns of the valve cover seal.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
My guess is that you are still running a pcv valve and you are pressurizing your crank case. That causes excessive crank case pressure leading to blowing out gaskets and oil leaks. Get a catch can and hook it up correctly. Problem solved.
exactly!

happened to me. i was blowing oil pan gaskets and oil was seeping through my valve cover bolts before i went with a catch can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts