Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night I get off the cylinder head from my d15b1,

I found 1 valve broken, and to much gap in the guides. I will need a lot work to have this cylinder head working again.

The piston rings need change too.

I have a d16a6, only the engine, whitout: distributor, IM, EM, tranny etc.

My question??

I can use the engine whit all the periferal parts from my d15???? or i will need the ecu and distributor from other D16A6???

I don't want to expend in my D15, but in this time i don't have the tiem 4 a full restoration of the A6.

Or USE only the head from a d16a6 y my d16 Block?? The distributor b1 work in the A6???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At this time I get from a Autostore the head/block gasket, the piston rings, the rods an crankshft bearing.

lately i will work again, I will remove the pistons and probably tes de D16A6 head y my D15.

But i need some advice about the distributor issue.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
YOu can reuse your dizzy if your car is obd1 or obd2a/b. You need to use nonvtec spark plug wires if you were vtec and are going to nonvtec.I dont no why you would, but when doing a minime people change their wires.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just put all your D15B1 accessories on your D16A6. The car should run just fine. It might not be the best, but if you just need something to get around, it'll work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I have the cylinder head from de d16a6, I don't have the time to get off the block

Tomorrow I will check the distributor issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts