Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ughhhh this is really annoying me! I still cant fix this idling issue I have. i got a jdm d15b in my crx. the car idles perfect up until it get to operating temp. then i have a surging idle. 600rpm- 1200rpm I bought a brand new $150 IACV and it still does it. cleaned my fitv, checked vacuum hoses. I cant figure this out. I noticed when i turn my lights on, or turn the heat on it will idle fine..

also i noticed when i unplug my iacv it idles fine..

i donno what to do..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,294 Posts
tiny vacuum leak somewhere or TB blade is dirty or adjusted too far open.

That screw that your NOT supposed to mess with.......yeah don't!

·
Registered
873 Posts
TPS + random ghetto adjustment = idle problems.
op: i hope this is the only case in your engine. then the fix will be simple.. use a multitester to calibrate it.

Yeah like Bone said, that yellow paint was there for a reason lol

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
tps doesnt cause a surging idle like op describes... it will cause a low idle or high idle and funky acceleration characteristics while driving, but no surge. before i fixed it, mine was less than half the voltage measurements it should have been haha

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
tps doesnt cause a surging idle like op describes... it will cause a low idle or high idle and funky acceleration characteristics while driving, but no surge. before i fixed it, mine was less than half the voltage measurements it should have been haha
don't tink he means surge per-say. think he just means the idle is hunting up and down? anyway, doesn't hurt to check the basics anyway. eliminate a few possibilities. also was the car mapped?? were the idle characteristics mapped on ok?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats for the replys. Ill check the tps tomorrow.. but i dont think thats the problem. Like i said. It only does this when its warmup fully. idle go from 500rpm, to 1200rpm at a steady pace. over and over and over. I drove my to buddys house to see if he had any idea.. I just let it idle like that and after about 30 seconds it idled normal. then i revved it a couple times and it idled perfect. I let it idle for a few minutes and revved it every once in a while and it still idled perfect. But then i got in the car, put it in gear backed the car up about 10 feet and it started idled from 500 to 1200 again.. over and over and over at a steady pace.. then let the car idle for about 5 minutes again and after about 30 seconds it would idle fine. but as soon as i begin driving it the idle will go all weird again... this is sooooo confusing!

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
thats for the replys. Ill check the tps tomorrow.. but i dont think thats the problem. Like i said. It only does this when its warmup fully. idle go from 500rpm, to 1200rpm at a steady pace. over and over and over. I drove my to buddys house to see if he had any idea.. I just let it idle like that and after about 30 seconds it idled normal. then i revved it a couple times and it idled perfect. I let it idle for a few minutes and revved it every once in a while and it still idled perfect. But then i got in the car, put it in gear backed the car up about 10 feet and it started idled from 500 to 1200 again.. over and over and over at a steady pace.. then let the car idle for about 5 minutes again and after about 30 seconds it would idle fine. but as soon as i begin driving it the idle will go all weird again... this is sooooo confusing!

i'm not lying when i say the symptoms are IDENTICAL to what my buddy's evo IV was like. his TPS was just out by a fraction, barely needed to touch the thing to adjust it proper. just so you know...

·
Registered
88' honda civic
467 Posts
ughhhh this is really annoying me! I still cant fix this idling issue I have. i got a jdm d15b in my crx. the car idles perfect up until it get to operating temp. then i have a surging idle. 600rpm- 1200rpm I bought a brand new $150 IACV and it still does it. cleaned my fitv, checked vacuum hoses. I cant figure this out. I noticed when i turn my lights on, or turn the heat on it will idle fine..

also i noticed when i unplug my iacv it idles fine..

i donno what to do..
You said you CLEANED the FICV but did you adjust it????

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my buddy is coming over tomorrow with his volt meter.. i dont have one.

and ya i screwed the ficv valve thinger futher in. it didnt do much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts