Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an d16a8 in my eg and it drink fuel like an fuelholic, on my ecu which is pp5 from concerto there is no codes what can I do??

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
Check timming with a light at crank.
Check the plugs for timming issue (heat on plugg)
Check airfilter.
How old is the oil?

Maybe lambda sensor is "iffy"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tested o2 sensor and it is ok it gives me a signal from 0.2 volts up to 0.9 volts and how i looked at the honda specs it is ok, I think that it is maybe fuel presure regulator or map sensor. you think that maybe because fault sensor iat ecu thinks that it is not on the working temp?? sorry for my english it is not so good

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will test that maybe my thermostat is not good because today I recognised that my engine didn't come to working temp. it always stay at 1/3 on the gauge

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
That's 100% normal for honda's.
At 1/3? I would this k it would be closer to 2/5. Mine I always just under halfway. It sounds like his is stuck open. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
My Honda typically reads stable at somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 scale, call it 2/5ths or maybe a 10 degree angle to the left of centre.

Unless it's a particularly hot day and you run with a lot of load or your cooling system is old and under performing, this point is controlled by the thermostat.

If you stabilise at a lower temperature, maybe your thermostat is leaking when closed or opening to much to soon, or is the wrong thermostat in that it is a lower temperature rated thermostat or the thermostat bypasses are bigger than normal.

Some people fit "cooler" thermostats because they think it is better if their engine runs cooler. It is in fact a pretty dumb idea in most cases as the factory setting is part of the consideration when the factory sets the tune in the EMS.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
My car has ran in this rough position for years, so did my brother's GSR and another civic I have, and all the ones that have came in the shop...

maybe the 2001+ dont.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Mine are 89 and 90 models. I think it all depends on whayt you estimate to be 1/3 or 2/5s on a non graduated gauge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
this is the picture of my gauge when it work for 30 minutes, but I run it in 2speed for 10 minutes, i was driving a little faster just to see if temp will go a little hyer, with normal driving temp. is lover then here on picture, what do you think??

Attachments

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
That is where mine sits all the time (when warm) on all my Honda's I have owned(except my pilot).

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
this is the picture of my gauge when it work for 30 minutes, but I run it in 2speed for 10 minutes, i was driving a little faster just to see if temp will go a little hyer, with normal driving temp. is lover then here on picture, what do you think??
That is better, no more guessing. Yeah that is normal, I would call that 2/5. The only time I had a gauge go up to 1/2 is when it started overheating (few minutes later it was in the red). The fuel/coolant temp gauges aren't very accurate anyway, just a guide for the driver to know if it's cold, just right or overheating. I noticed the gauge needle starts moving around 130-140 degrees F.

OP, what do you consider "drinking fuel?" What kind of mileage do you get? Are you sure the mechanical and ignition timing are correct?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for infos but I don't know where to start over, I red that fuel pressure regulator can make this problem which my honda have

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
What's your current gas mileage?
How and where do you drive? Many highway or city? Are you redlining every gear and drive like a mad man?

Saying your mileage is bad and that the o2 is working is not nearly enough info.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts