Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having this issue where my CEL comes on after like 10-15 min of driving sometimes a little later than 15min I was told this is an 02 sensor but I'm in the fence it's a d16z6 original motor 95 civic coupe ex the car runs fine and all when the light is on but sometimes I'll hit a pot hole (unintentionally) that I miss and after hitting it the car does a small hiccup and the light goes away for like 2-5 mins I'm very confused I need to find the issue because it is my daily I need it for school and work any help would be appreciated if it helps sometimes my fuel needle will drop a bit when idling I thought this is normal but info helps right. Car starts up and runs fine just the CEL any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't pull codes no one has obd1 readers and I don't think I can do the paperclip trick with the car on can't I? Cause it only comes on when the car has been driven

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Yes you can do the paper clip and you can do it while the car is running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So when I get home tomorrow and the light has been on I can do the method and it'll blink or whatever? Cause as soon as I turn it off the CEL goes away and won't come till I start driving again. I'm thinking it could be a fuel filter I had the car checked by jiffy but I don't trust them so idk.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
403 Posts
I'd have thought that a faulty O2 sensor would show a light all the time.

I've just fixed a CEL issue on the Accord: all that had happened was the throttle position sensor connector had come undone.
Why not go through all the sensor connectors you can find and make sure that they're contacting OK?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,466 Posts
the 95's had a knock sensor?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
the 95's had a knock sensor?
Nope. Unless it's a gsr.

Sounds like the op has 2 codes. Code 20 eld and code 3 map sensor. I could be wrong tho

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I almost edited your post, whew. I thought I was going crazy so I was doing some reading, thanks for confirming
Yup I had to edit my post to add the gsr info. It's the only one that is obd1 and uses a knock sensor.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Nope 2 long and 3 fast right after
What Ecu do you have? On the side of the Ecu there's a bar code right below that there's a letter and number. P?? Fill in the ? Makes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts