Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I have a 2000 civic ex 5speed with a y8 in it. Awhile ago i bought a p28 off of fb marketplace. I wasn't able to test it at the time because i had my engine taken apart.

When i did test it, it blew the #44 fuse FI E/M when i turned the key to on. This caused*my fuel pump to not prime. Fuse #13 is fine.

The stock ecu doesn't cause this problem. I also have a p13 ecu laying around and that works just fine. So my obd1 jumper isn't the problem.

It has to be the Ecu. I've looked at the inside of it and all the caps and diode look fine. Is this ECU toast or is there anything i can do to get it working?

Thanks.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,050 Posts
whats the other side look like?

and also

Attachments

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
That little orange thing is a capacitor.

Find an ebay auction for a chipping kit, and see if you can find one that lists a part number for those caps.

Also, the black cap next to the two blue ones looks like its leaking on the leg.

Looks like a little soldering work, and around $15 in parts with shipping COULD maybe solve this for ya!

P13 is a JDM ecu, so maybe it has MUCH less "wear and tear".

I do have a auto P06 ecu laying around if you want a cheap replacement, of course, will need the auto to manual conversion, and vtec conversion. Cheap enough kits out there.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Either way, a good toothbrush scrub with some 91% or higher rubbing alcohol should get to closer to a working ecu.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
983 Posts
I like doing the sniff test see if the board has any "smells" ..

I doubt that chipped cap is causing fuses to blow but good eyes non the less..

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
The ecu is contained inside a sealed box. no way for the cap to get "chipped"

caps do that when they expand too much.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
983 Posts
The ecu is contained inside a sealed box. no way for the cap to get "chipped"

caps do that when they expand too much.

he knows, it just probably isn't the cause of the fuse blowing ,most likely cap went bad after something else went haywire...

for all we know there is a bent pin touching another in the ecu connector...

most likely a fried fet or transistor ....

I know you said your oem ecu works but since engine swapping maybe some sensor plugs got mixed up iac pss purge...just throwing it out there..

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I assumed as such, just spelling it out for others viewing.

I would still investigate what circuit it resides on, with simple multimeter or whatnot.

old ecu's are old lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts