Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

Today i went to a dynoday and at around 23psi i didnt "have" enough spark from 5000-5500 rpm then after that it kept pulling with little cuts to the rev limiter it made 344whp...the weird part is that im running the car at the same pressure 4 years now and never have a problem.

So what i have to look for now?

I still have the stock dizzy with 108.000 miles with cap,rotor and an external msd ss coil for at least a year now.

I have the ngk wires 4 years now.

Spark plugs are fresh ngk's bcr8es

The only thing that i changed is that i want to 2.4 bisimoto camshaft with springs and retainers and i deleted the racing cat converter that i had!

So what is wrong now???

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was closing the gap every time i was changing the plugs and yesterday i closed it even more but it didnt work...

at 16psi i dont have any problem,same thing somewhere around 20psi...
When i went to the high pressure setting that is 1.6bar(23psi or so) it started doing it.

For some reason is blowing spark,not really bad,but is enough to tell that something is wrong.

The bcr8es(try ebay.uk) is the stock spark plug for ford sierra cosworths and aston martin vantage and is running pretty well on 600hp honda and is pretty cheap,especially by the time economy sucks this time here in Greece!

bcr8es | eBay

I heard many bad things about MSD products the past years so i really dunno...
Im thinking of trying another stock dizzy with the external msd coil that im running and see what will happen.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Set plugs at 0.018" or 0.45mm

Try a stock dissy and coil.

Test leads for resistance. Also lift bonnet and look at leads when engine under load in the dark if possible. Look for Tesler ball effect on leads.

What do the plugs look like?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Are you sure your fuel is clean.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gas was BP 100octane, and only God knows if it was clean...who knows?

Im sure its pretty much clean...i always go to that gas station and never had a problem!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Set plugs at 0.018" or 0.45mm

Try a stock dissy and coil.

Test leads for resistance. Also lift bonnet and look at leads when engine under load in the dark if possible. Look for Tesler ball effect on leads.

What do the plugs look like?
The plugs was set to 0.50mm i think

The plugs was fresh and we checked them with my tuner and everything looked good(not too lean not too rich)...i just saw some white marks on the ground electrode...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I know on my y7 at 25psi I had to gap my plugs down to a .017 anything bigger and i blew out spark. I say try regapping them down to around .017 aka tight like a virgin!!

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
those look like a good plug!! wish we had them here.

i would try closing the gap down more. try around .018 or even lower... .45mm

also you said you removed a cat, did you retune your fuel curve? it could be very lean now....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes we did retune the car,but we wanted to see what will do on the dyno session...

We pulled the plugs at the dyno and we went down to .50mm but same thing happened...

I just ordered fresh ngk spark plugs and as soon i can i will gap the plugs down to .45mm like you guys said...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts