Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
Why do you think it's your crank angle sensor??
Are you data logging it to see you values, unless you are seeing garbage values for your crank sensor? I would think it would be something to do with something else, unless you suspect the wiring

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,099 Posts
says its throwing the code for it.

"Would you by chance know what would cause this? The car doesn't start. I posted on the forums, but no uck. Ecu is throwing code 4 for crank sensor. Obd1. Already tried swaping the orange and white wires. Still does this
https://youtu.be/cGQllDPrYGI"

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
bad crank angle sensor probably not at fault.
code doesnt 100% guarentee sensor failure, merely performance of sensor.

jumped timing can cause this code to be thrown.

CHECK TIMING

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked, and fixed. still won't start. But the timing retard wasn't enough to bend valves. I'm at a loss here. Haha. I'm going to check compression later today when I'm off work. But there is literally no reason I should have lost compression. That's just the only thing that it can be. Everything else has been verified. At Least what is necessary to start.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
compression check is always a great idea
I'm honestly just gonna ghetto check it though. Hand over the cylinder while someone is cranking. I don't have the money to rent a tool, and the one I have is angled for gm motors...

Do you think that will be sufficient enough proof?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
no, not at all

you wont be able to tell the difference ebtween 100psi and 200psi of compression

rent a $50 kit at autozone, get your money back when the test is complete. Hell, if you know the guys behind the counter well enough, do it in the parking lot if the store is less than a few miles away

EDIT just yank the distributor plug and carefully remove the 4 injector leads to keep spark and fuel from drowning the motor

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,099 Posts
"Obd0 to 1. I checked the mechanical timing. It jumped a tooth. So the stuff in the video isn't happening anymore, but it still won't start. I'm going to check for compression later today. Do you know anything about the aftermarket distributors we use for zcs? The
td-043u Or something like that. I've used two of them now because the first one went out. Are they unreliable?"

check the ecu jumper. no idea what zc you have. you can message me all you want, but its better for more people to help with more info. Im just an asshole, not a know-it-all

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Compression is good. Im pretty sure the distributor is bad again.. It may have been because of the old p28 I had in there. It was chipped, and untuned. it took out two brand new dizzy's now. but I put a new on in there with the right basemap. I have a 3rd gen zc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts