Honda D Series Forum banner

Bad ass D17!?!

5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Honda4VW 
#1 ·
#2 ·
He's making 207.4 lbs of twist and 246 whp @ 14 psi. There is another guy called barney there who's the first boosted D17 and is claiming 18 psi!!! He hasn't hit the dyno at that pressure, but expect him to make more than C2i0v0i1c.

#9 ·
if you really think about it, i doubt when the original d-series motors started hitting the streets, i strongly doubt the aftermarket community was all over them right away. these things take time, and this is the most radically changed d-series motor since, well, ever so its not suprising that there arent 1000s of parts available yet. i think as time goes on and our cars become more popular (which they have to because pretty soon older civs will be harder and harder to find) the parts manufacturers will start coming around and there will be some serious 7th gens prowling the streets

#11 ·
egSi said:
i hope the d17s get popular coz ill chuck one in my civ when my zc shits itself
hahaha
I wish you could do this, but the D17 doesn't share bell housing patterns or motor mount locations and is incompatible with all older Honda chassis.' :-( I don't think we'll ever see an engine swap kit for older Hondas, but I always thought a d17a2 in an EF hatch or 'Rex would be the perfect match.

Reactions: Rexinre
#12 · (Edited)
Reactions: rotory20
G
#13 ·
I have a turbo d17a2. its pretty damn fast but i have to sell my turbo kit to pay off college tution... :( It sucks so maybe i can jumnp to Nitrous once again. here is a list of Kills.

d16 fully gutted no interior, door lining nothing bare hatch (5 cars
EP hatch (2-3 cars)
98 V8 Trans Am (he stayed at my door the whole time)
2500 Chevy Truck (6 cars)
CRX w/ b16b I/H/E, VAFC (maybe close to 1 car)
2000 SI with I/H/E (2 Cars)

here are some pics i have of my car.

www.cardomain.com/id/02civicvtec

#14 · (Edited)
Boosted EM2, welcome to the best one-cam site man! :smile: Nice setup and kills there. I have a litely tuned NA d17a2, but wanna bump my compression to at least 11.0 and think of a wet kit, AEM ems or e manage and be satified... for a while ;-) BTW, Im 01EXplain on 7thgencivic.com , goodest '01+ site

#18 · (Edited)
Sweet2K4EX said:
Sorry to the rest of you all, but if you knew this guy you would feel the same way about him. He lies WAY to much! He needs to grow up and stop his childish crap!.
Sweet2K4EX, who are you talking about? Because I never make shit up when I post on D-Series. If you do not believe this man's (Catalyst) claim, then talk to him about it...We now have multiple D17's pushing 300+ Wheel horsepower; the weak link in 7th gen's are the tranny and lack of any aftermarket support. I worked on the original D17A2 vtec for 5 years BTW. Who likes torque? 273.4 LB/FT @ 12 psi, my friend.--> http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113829&highlight=icebergslim+timeslip
:beer:

#19 ·
And for the record, I OWN a car guy, the white EF hatch. The silver car is my old car. http://www.d-series.org/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1594 I've worked & modded many; '03 Mazda B2300 truck, '99 Integra LS, '90 Nissan Sentra, '92 Civic DX hb, '99 Honda Passport 4x4, '94
Mazda 626, '91 Buick Century v6, '95 Camaro Z-28, even this beauty; the original '00 Honda S2000. And I just turned 20. Why are you trippin?

#20 ·
No dude, sorry about the confusion. My original post was taken off of here and it was directed towards pitchblacktyper...not you dude.
There is one thing that i have for you though. I was wondering if you and your friend Catalyst could help me out with some ideas for my 04 civic ex coupe to get a big boost of power out of that D17A2.

#22 ·
01slovic said:
...pm Catalyst, he should be able to help you out, their kit is good but i heard it takes a while to ship. Also check out www.dezod.com, hes a member on the site as well, his name is Dezod, hes a nice guy.
Sweet2K4EX, he nailed it for ya. Sorry, I defend the D17, she was my first D. ;) The dezod kit perfects areas that the SF kit lacked; Fuel management options (greddy e-mangage, you choose) & a better customer sevice rep. Either kit comes pretty complete tho, but dezod's being only $3,299 should factor in to you're decision.

#23 ·
Import al, you said that the tranny is a weak point on our cars, what exactly do you mean? i haven't heard anything about this yet.

#24 · (Edited)
Well, no company AFAIK offers a LSD, final drive, stronger synchros or anything driveline. Possible stronger axles here http://www.gatorracingaxles.com/index.shtml. But we also cant borrow EG or EK goodies and w/guys pushing 250+ whp like Catalyst, he had no problem making his tranny a metal jigsaw puzzle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.