Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Civic 3dr Si. I swapped a D15b a couple of years ago. The motor is strong but has never felt like the D16z6 that was originally in it. It just does'nt feel like its getting the right air/fuel mixture. It feels a little bogged down. The vtec is'nt as prominent as it was with the D16. I also have occasional backfires. Just FYI, I have replaced the rotor cap, o2 sensor and IACV. I'm not throwing any codes.

One little thing I should mention. I've been having a problem in the hot weather. Whenever I go to start my car after sitting all day it wont start. It will initially try to start but will just conk out and after that it will just turn over.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
very hards to diagnose over the net but start with the basics.. full tune up include fuel filter and you might find a weak fuel pressure or something. ignition + valve lash and the works... which should be done regardless unless you have already done it. then check compression and cam timing and i bet you will find your problem a simple fix.. hopefully you dont end up with a horror story of spending a bunch of money to find out it was a bad temperature sensor saying it was -50 degrees.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
One little thing I should mention. I've been having a problem in the hot weather. Whenever I go to start my car after sitting all day it wont start. It will initially try to start but will just conk out and after that it will just turn over.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
this sounds like a main relay problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts