Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I decided that I don't want to keep fucking with my turbo RSX and upping the boost so Im going to build a track/sometimes street D series EG hatch. I've got my Z6 black from a while back but it needs to be bored so I've gotta get that done. My crank is no good...I've got a buddy that will sell me his A6 crank for 20 bucks...it works with no problems right? And I can also get his girdle for the 20 bucks also...will his A6 girdle work on my Z6 block? And lastly, with Vitara pistons, Tuner Toys rods, stock sleeves, ARP headstuds, stage 1 cam, stock springs/retainers...what would be a good place to stop trying to make power without risking blowing it up? I'm thinking right around 375whp...think that's to much or is that ok on stock 75.5mm sleeves? I'll be using the A6 block/girdle also.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...need to know

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chrissss. Whats up buddy? Im gonna go with a T3/T4 50 or 57 trim. Haven't decided yet. Im getting my buddies whole A6 engine today for nothing lol. I hooked him up with some stuff from my work and he's giving it to me. Im just gonna use the crank and girdle as long as they work.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
Sorry, I can't tell you if the A6 girdle with work with the Z6 but using any girdle from another block, even the same block model, will likely mean you'll need a line bore. Granted, you could get lucky, but still you may end up having to use oversize bearings. The girdle that originally came with the block was bored at the factory as a pair.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
if hes giving you the a6 block just run it with a z6 head, that way you dont have to worry about the girdle not matching up. :TU:

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Dont run any other girdle than what came with the engine origonally. You will have to line bore and if you dont and those bearings are even a tiny bit off from center you are fucked.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason Im not using the A6 block is because there's a broken piece on the outside of the block. I got to looking at it today though, and I haven't pulled the head off yet but under the valve cover is reallly clean. Im thinking of just using this head and going non-vtec. Can I use the a6 head with the z6 block? I still have my girdle from the z6 block so I'll just use it and use the a6 crank.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
If you want to use that head you could, but im sure if you wanted a z6 theres a ton on here for sale. some good ones at that. check out the threads bro.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts