Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, im losing faith in my b18a...i have tried to search but i cannot find any info on this, so....i have another crx shell that i need to put a motor in and i was thinkin about a d....BUT, my problem lies in the fact that the mounts in it are welded for a b series motor...drivers and rear are fine, its the passenger tranny mount that im worried about, it was cut out and welded in to accept the b motors (no front mount, was hacked out)....is there any d transmissions that have the same mount pattern?, doesnt the 92+ civics have the same mount pattern as the b series motors?....any input is appreciated!!!

edit: i wasnt sure if this would be an "engine building" q, but it seemed to be a good fit, please move if it belongs somewhere else, thanks....

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
well lemme say welcome to our site :beer:
always good to see another DOHC owner (ex) here

as far as your engine mount question ... I think you'd be better off selling the car with the DOHC motor and starting fresh with a new hatch shell ... sounds like the welding the mounts problem would be a bitch ... but thats just what I think
again ... welcome , kick back and stay a while

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok as much as I like the D-series.hehe. is the problem with your LS that you cant find parts for it? if so, there are plenty of things you can do to an LS motor. just check out our site for all our LS cams and the services that we do.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crower makes decent ls cams, theres a post on hondaswap.com bout making a pimpn' all motor ls...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first honda's in the ten's had LS motors in them............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts