Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Looks like minor rust, but overall not shabby for an eastcoaster. Those Rota's? I dig the look of those, rip off or not.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
been asked twice in the last month if my rotas are "real rotas"... what :rofc: still confused

good looking ride op
i believe drag makes a rota j mag copy, who cares though rotas are a copy of another company to. if you like the rims thats all that matters, i personally like cheap rims and wouldnt be one to spend thousands on the "original" wheels for a honda. anyways pretty decent looking civic you have what are your plans besides the larger cam?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I don't care about fake rotas vs real drag, I like m7's. These look like m7's, so I asked. I am not passing judgement, just curious if he had some magic under the fenders.

Personally I am looking at some rotas too, why spend $2500 to get wheels when my car is worth < $1000. Doesn't mean I dont give props to those that came across a set of mugen wheels.

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like minor rust, but overall not shabby for an eastcoaster. Those Rota's? I dig the look of those, rip off or not.
its plastidip so who knows, im sure there is some rust under there and yeah they're knock-offs, previous owner added some Honda center caps; and now I think it looks pretty good.

But for two grand, it was a good deal

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i believe drag makes a rota j mag copy, who cares though rotas are a copy of another company to. if you like the rims thats all that matters, i personally like cheap rims and wouldnt be one to spend thousands on the "original" wheels for a honda. anyways pretty decent looking civic you have what are your plans besides the larger cam?
hmm just keep it running good honestly, its my daily driver; so just save up some cash at the same time cuz "you never know"...

Might throw a bisimoto stg.1 cam in down the line w/ adjustable cam gear.

Also gonna remove the front window tints cuz its NJ here, and keep the (new) stock exhaust because I dont like getting pulled over or the way those cans look... the Vibrant mufflers look ok though.

Thanks to all who dig on it, I sure do.

its been a long day so I bid u all a goodnyte

:sleep1:

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Eww bisimoto.... I love my vibrant muffler but my car is turbo, those stupid 5" cans with a 4.5" tip look stupid. Nothing like a oem style muffler with a large 4 inch tip that fits the bumper cutout perfect

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eww bisimoto.... I love my vibrant muffler but my car is turbo, those stupid 5" cans with a 4.5" tip look stupid. Nothing like a oem style muffler with a large 4 inch tip that fits the bumper cutout perfect
whats wrong with Bisimoto?

their cams and headers are worth every dime.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts

bwahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

do some reading in here and see if you want to stand by that

·
Registered
5,878 Posts

If you support Bisimoto in any way, it is because you never saw the utter BULLSHIT he has rained on us, both from a quality standpoint AND a customer service standpoint.

If you are happy to support Bisimoto, please keep it to yourself, else get a heavy duty flamesuit

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh okay can someone point me in that direction/?

what is the cam and header of choice for the d16z6 in the 2015 context?

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
oh okay can someone point me in that direction/?

what is the cam and header of choice for the d16z6 in the 2015 context?
Why would the year effect it?

Get reading. Look at build threads. SEARCH.

there is no single parts combo that works best

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why would the year effect it?

Get reading. Look at build threads. SEARCH.

there is no single parts combo that works best
ok yeh i did some reading, issues with his welds etc. and customer service... I've been in the VW scene since my civic was totaled back in 2008 or whatever it was...

I suggested the current year because chronology allows for more duration of dyno's to accumulate and testing to be done...

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as for your engine i would say stock cam is best choice.

without adding compression or FI there is no reason to change it. you might make a little power but likely to hurt more then make. it CERTAINLY wont help without a tune.
yeah id like to get the head milled with headwork down the line...

was looking at bolt on options as of right now...

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IHE - then I would accumulate a mild NA build list of parts, bottom end, top end, make it able to rev, then get a cam and chipped ecu and take it to a tuner. You wont gain a ton of power, but response and fun in the exit of corners will be had for sure.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/21761-building-powerful-street-na-d16y8-z6.html

Give that a read, opened my mind a bit to NA vs FI.
ah yes, BuiltHatch I recall him from back when i was more on these boards, almost ten years ago.

Its funny going from the VW ABA to this d16z6, its faster honestly (less torque though) but sounds soo whiny. I just feel like a cam would wake it up...

·
total goofball
1994 Civic coupe EX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
also I have I/H, no exhaust but I need it to be quite quiet so I will likely stay with stock exhaust for now. I feel like more would be gained with a cam and cam gear than an exhaust. Also Don't like big fart can exhausts which seems to be quite prominent as far as cat-back systems go.

for the summer I may lengthen my intake to make it a CAI, but a heatshield will be made soon....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts